Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Books > Favorite books of 2018!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Dec 14, 2018 08:20PM) (new)

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
Now that the year is winding down...what were some of your favorite action/adventure reads in 2018?

message 2: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments I will have to go with Preston & Child and as always I started at the beginning with Relic. I really like agent Pendergast and I have a long way to go. Also both authors have a series on their own that I found enjoyable with Wyman Ford for Preston and Jeremy Logan for Child. I also made progress with James Rollins with the Sigma Force books, which are brilliantly conceived and I have read up to map of bones and looking forward to Black Order. Another author that I started in 2018 was Dan Brown and I started with his latest since these are stand alone, which was Origin, and wow what a ride.
I picked up some new authors in 2018 and I would say they were not bad at all. These books were Jinxed and the Alliance. All in all my work schedule is grueling and I did find time to read and although I would have like to read more, I did surprise myself in surpassing my reading goal for 2018. Now IT is time to think about 2019 and as always I like to start on a positive note, so bring IT on.....

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry | 9 comments Hello Group,

I have finished reading all of Clive Cussler's books this year.

I am having a hard time finding a replacement for him.

Currently, I am reading the Alex Cross stories written by James Patterson. I am not particulary liking this story line at all.

I have trouble with bad language and would like action adventure compared to bloody and gory murder details.

I need some suggestions. Cussler's books had very little with bad language.

I need suggestions please.

Terry

message 4: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments Terry how about give James Rollins a try?

message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
Terry wrote: "Hello Group,

I have finished reading all of Clive Cussler's books this year.

I am having a hard time finding a replacement for him.

Currently, I am reading the Alex Cross stories written by J..."

Wow, all the Clive Cussler books...that's quite an accomplishment! What was your favorite series of his? I have only read Dirk Pitt and trying to decide which Cussler series I should try next.

message 6: by H. (new)

H. Douglas (badjuju56) | 1 comments For myself, 2018 was a great year for personal time to read. Completed 13 of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series books (read first 3 in last quarter of 2017 so I guess they don't count for 2018) 5 of Mark Greaney's Gray Man Series books and several others un-related to the genre. Looks like 2019 will be equally rewarding perhaps. Or at least I hope so!

message 7: by Terry (new)

Terry | 9 comments Lisa,

I like "The Oregon Files."

Next would be "Issac Bell."

Hard to pick my favorite. Probably "The Race." Isaac Bell is a detective.

Kennet,

I will do some searching on Rollins.

Thanks,
Terry

Susan in Perthshire (susanageofaquarius) Have you tried Tom Clancy? Cracking thriller adventures - very entertaining!

message 9: by Terry (new)

Terry | 9 comments Susan,

No, I have not.

I will give it a look.

Terry