Green Group discussion

Environment in Films and Video > video on the most important thing you can do to fight climate change

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Burt | 426 comments Mod
Awesome -- I love Katherine Hayhoe. In addition to being an eloquent, down-to-earth explainer of climate science, her Christian faith overcomes the knee-jerk "liberal conspiracy" reactions of some on the right. Didn't know she was Canadian. Man, I hope we don't deport her! ;-)

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1582 comments Mod
I have been disappointed by what seems to me to be the failure to pull more Christians and other religious people into the effort. It needs to be universal to be effective.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Ipsen | 96 comments I have copied my environmental friends on this video link. Most of the (mainline liberal) churches are in fact doing a lot of good environmental work. Notable is the work of www.interfaithpowerandlight.org (interfaith Power and Light) which was started in California but has nodes in many states and works with any faith community.

message 5: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1582 comments Mod
It's rural America I am worried about. Trump territory.

Thank you for passing on the link. I am finding I need to work on how to reach people. Right now I feel like just fighting back.

message 6: by Anne (last edited Dec 18, 2018 05:47AM) (new)

Anne Ipsen | 96 comments You might find the video from Minn Power & Light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=...) useful. Also, Ken Kroes and I (both members of this group) recently published a guide to a program for houses of worship called Creation Tithing: Creation Tithing, a Primer. Ken's gorgeous cover doesn't seem to be there yet.