What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Mystery Witch Contemporary (NOT Paranormal) about a woman who came to stay at this house in the country. Her ancestors were apparently witches, she didn't believe that, village people did. There was this nice guy next to her, romantic interest

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisquit (new)

Bisquit | 2 comments I read it in german around 2005+ Blue Cover I believe. Also, now that I think about it, there were two stories in the book. I'm pretty sure I never read the other one. It was at least 300, 400+ pages.

It was about a woman who came to stay at this house in the country. Her ancestors were apparently witches, she didn't believe that, village people did. There was this nice guy next to her, romantic interest. Totally nice, totally not from the village. The book was rather slow-paced, I believe. The main thing is: Witches can't love, if she can love, she's not a witch.

Now onwards to the spoilery bit I actually remember the best:
At the end, the woman finds herself chained/drugged/helpless in any case in an open field, I believe. Around her, all the men in the village who take turns to rape her. She takes a bath afterwards, destroying the evidence, but was totally traumatised. I'm pretty sure the village men got away with it, too.
At the end, the guy returns, and she loves him, so she's not a witch. That's the end message.

I really want to find this book again, just simply to put a name and title to my childhood trauma book. I read this, because it seemed absolutely innocent, especially from the blurb, and remember being highly disturbed.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Bisquit ~~
You've given some good details. I hope you find your book soon.

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 44 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Bisquit (new)

Bisquit | 2 comments Kate wrote: "Bisquit ~~
You've given some good details. I hope you find your book soon.

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishin..."

Oh thanks! Was totally planning on doing that, guess who forgot x.X I swear my brain is absolutely everywhere and nowhere lately.

So jup. Bump please!