Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > 2019 Tournament of Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments This poppedup on my FB page, thought it might interest some of you

https://themorningnews.us2.list-manag...

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4906 comments Since I didn't read any of those books, I didn't vote on them, tempted as I was to throw a dart and just click on one!

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments annapi wrote: "Since I didn't read any of those books, I didn't vote on them, tempted as I was to throw a dart and just click on one!"

i have not read any either-though a few there made the rounds here on PBT (Warlight and a few others)

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5495 comments I read 6 of them and 2 will make my top 10.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1182 comments I’ve read eight so far, and have four more. There There is certainly in my top ten!

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments I've read 2 and rated both very highly, recommend them all the time: Call Me Zebra and Speak No Evil. Have at least 2 more on my TBR.

This is cool. Thanks whoever posted it! I was tickled to see 2 books that I'd read and admired on it that have not cut a big swathe.

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Theresa wrote: "I've read 2 and rated both very highly, recommend them all the time: Call Me Zebra and Speak No Evil. Have at least 2 more on my TBR.

This is cool. Thanks whoever ..."

I have added Call me Zebra- really peaked my interest

message 8: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments Joanne wrote: "Theresa wrote: "I've read 2 and rated both very highly, recommend them all the time: Call Me Zebra and Speak No Evil. Have at least 2 more on my TBR.

This is cool...."

Joanne - I found it a difficult read in some ways (as in intellectually difficult), but incredibly funny. In hindsight I think I might have been too caught up in all the literary references and connections. My advice is to just read it, if you know what I mean. Let it flow over you.

It's an incredible work. Made me think a lot about the difference between exile, being a refugee vs. an immigrant. Very timely given the last 2 years here in the US.

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I’ve read eight. I’m not sure about the others. I’m going to slowly chip away at the list. Typically I have been reading from the longlist and most of the ones I’ve read didn’t make the list, excluding the ones I’d read for Man Booker. 🙄

message 10: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments Five for me, and I own both "There There" and "Milkman" as well (I want to read the former - not at all sure about the latter, but I will, no doubt).

Some great ideas for 'other cultures' tags though.

message 11: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5495 comments KateNZ wrote: "Five for me, and I own both "There There" and "Milkman" as well (I want to read the former - not at all sure about the latter, but I will, no doubt).

Some great ideas for 'other cultures' tags th..."

I've been trying to decide if I want to tackle Milkman, it is not on my TBR.

message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Theresa wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Theresa wrote: "I've read 2 and rated both very highly, recommend them all the time: Call Me Zebra and Speak No Evil. Have at least 2 more on my TBR. ..."

Thanks Theresa-it's on my shelf and I when a challenge comes up to match it with I will give it a go.