What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Winter Cottage
This topic is about Winter Cottage
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's novel about little girl and father (?) whose car breaks down in the snow and they break into and live in another family's summer house for the winter [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Giada Rose (giada-rose) | 2 comments I think this children's book was probably published somewhere between the 1930s and 1960s in the U.S..... It may have black and white illustrations (we can't remember). I seem to recall it's set possibly during the Depression (not sure about this) and the main character (a girl?) and her parent's (father?) car breaks down and they have no money and it's wintertime so they end up breaking in and living in someone else's empty summer home by the lake for the season, until the family who owns the house comes back and they have all sorts of adventures together (they have a daughter whose picture is in the house and about whom the main character makes up all sorts of stories before they meet). I think it's set in New England/East coast somewhere.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Giada Rose (giada-rose) | 2 comments Yes, thank you so much! I knew it was by an author I had already read. Thank you!