YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
This topic is about The Gilded Wolves
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1) by Roshani Chokshi - Restarting February 7th 2022

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22785 comments Mod
Set in a darkly glamorous world, The Gilded Wolves is full of mystery, decadence, and dangerous but thrilling adventure.

Paris, 1889: The world is on the cusp of industry and power, and the Exposition Universelle has breathed new life into the streets and dredged up ancient secrets. In this city, no one keeps tabs on secrets better than treasure-hunter and wealthy hotelier, Séverin Montagnet-Alarie. But when the all-powerful society, the Order of Babel, seeks him out for help, Séverin is offered a treasure that he never imagined: his true inheritance.

To find the ancient artifact the Order seeks, Séverin will need help from a band of experts: An engineer with a debt to pay. A historian who can't yet go home. A dancer with a sinister past. And a brother in all but blood, who might care too much.

Together, they'll have to use their wits and knowledge to hunt the artifact through the dark and glittering heart of Paris. What they find might change the world, but only if they can stay alive.

Alaina (ameserole) Ch. 10: (view spoiler)
Ch. 20: (view spoiler)
Ch. 30: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Part 1

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Part 2

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Barber | 10614 comments Love the cover for this. Delayed, but am reading.

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Part 3

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Barber | 10614 comments So behind with reading - the good weather has meant lots of walking. Read the start a few days ago and I’m concerned the style will take some getting used to.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84155 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting April 12th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 10: by Asha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Asha (ashascott12) Not very far into it but there’s definitely a Six of Crows vibe.

message 11: by Shar (new) - added it

Shar (fictionalshar) | 959 comments I'm going to finish one of my reads before starting this cause I'm reading too many books at once at this stage hahaha oops. I've heard it has six of crow vibes from quite a few people <3

message 12: by Shar (new) - added it

Shar (fictionalshar) | 959 comments Will make a start on this today :)

message 13: by Shar (new) - added it

Shar (fictionalshar) | 959 comments Asha wrote: "Not very far into it but there’s definitely a Six of Crows vibe."

Yeah, I'm seeing the six of crow vibes now within the first couple chapters.

message 14: by Shar (new) - added it

Shar (fictionalshar) | 959 comments Part One: (view spoiler)

Date changed. Restarting June 2nd 2019. Happy Reading ☺

Laura | 620 comments I've just started this book today. I hope you don't mind if I join in on the BR :)

Laura | 620 comments 4%
(view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments @Laura No, don't mind at all! More people to discuss it with :)

Pg 37
(view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Pg 96
(view spoiler)

Marie Part I: (view spoiler)

message 21: by Klancy (last edited Jun 03, 2019 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Klancy | 1339 comments Pg 202
(view spoiler)

Pg 259
(view spoiler)

Finished
(view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Marie wrote: "Part I: I guess, so far, I'm intrigued but not entirely sold. I'm loving the banter between the characters, but I'm still not used to the world and it feels like it was thrown a little hastily at t..."

(view spoiler)

Laura | 620 comments Marie wrote: "Part I: I guess, so far, I'm intrigued but not entirely sold. I'm loving the banter between the characters, but I'm still not used to the world and it feels like it was thrown a little hastily at t..."

Chapter 5 - 13%
(view spoiler)

Marie Up to page 127: (view spoiler)

Marie Up to page 226: (view spoiler)

Marie Up to end of part 4: (view spoiler)

Finished! (view spoiler)

Marie Klancy wrote: "Pg 202
[spoilers removed]

Pg 259
[spoilers removed]

Finished
[spoilers removed]

As response to your question about the ending: (view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Marie wrote: "Klancy wrote: "Pg 202
[spoilers removed]

Pg 259
[spoilers removed]

Finished
[spoilers removed]

As response to your question about the ending: Remember all the references to how Severin wanted to..."

(view spoiler)

message 29: by HeatherH (new) - added it

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting October 6th, 2019. Happy Reading ☺

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jennifer | 3551 comments Part 1, ch 5 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Part 2, Ch 12 - (view spoiler)
Part 3, Ch 19 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Part 6, Ch 35 - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Date changed. Restarting January 24th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

Twila | 940 comments I'll be starting soon. Very excited!

Twila | 940 comments I'm through 7 chapters (25%) I'm listening to the audiobook and the French accents are very distracting, lol. (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22785 comments Mod

Date changed. Restarting August 29th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 4(view spoiler)

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

message 39: by Laura (last edited Aug 29, 2020 01:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 40: by Laura (last edited Aug 29, 2020 05:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 35 (view spoiler)

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 36 (view spoiler)

Laura | 1229 comments Part way through Chapter 37 (view spoiler)

Laura | 1229 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Brinley | 3399 comments Oh gee, sorry! I haven't found time to start this one yet, the book I was reading took a bit longer than expected. I'll definitely be starting tomorrow though!

Laura | 1229 comments Brinley wrote: "Oh gee, sorry! I haven't found time to start this one yet, the book I was reading took a bit longer than expected. I'll definitely be starting tomorrow though!"

That's okay! I just had a free day and decided to read it all in one sitting! It was a long day. Look forward to hearing what you think!

message 47: by Johanna (last edited Aug 31, 2020 09:12AM) (new)

Johanna | 1737 comments I am also interested joining! I am still middle of another book but after couple days I can be with you. I noticed from the book's page that people who has liked this would like Sorcery of Thorns as well. I have read it and liked. But is there anything similar in this book with SoT? One of my GR-friends has read this and rated 4/5!

Laura | 1229 comments Johanna wrote: "I am also interested joining! I am still middle of another book but after couple days I can be with you. I noticed from the book's page that people who has liked this would like Sorcery of Thorns a..."
I loved this book! It is sort of similar to Sorcery of Thorns. The writing is similar and the period it is set in is similar. No cool demons I am afraid or talking books, but lots of objects that have magical properties. Otherwise, the characters, magic and plot are different. But, it is well worth the read!

Brinley | 3399 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 4[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Brinley | 3399 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 20 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

If you like Six of Crows and this one, you might like the Lies of Locke Lamora, its another complex heist book

« previous 1 3