Play Book Tag discussion

The Mistletoe Murder And Other Stories
Archive: Other Books > The Mistletoe Murder and Other Stories - PD James (3 1/2 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1311 comments The Mistletoe Murder and Other Stories - PD James

3 1/2 stars

I liked this collection of short mystery stories. They were interesting and I appreciated twists that I did not see coming in a couple of the stories I felt a couple of the stories could have given us more insight into how the character figured everything else before the big reveal, but I realize this is not unusual in Christie style mysteries. I also wished that the holiday would have been more prevalent in the story. In most of them it was just an excuse to get everyone together in a big house. Overall, I liked the mysteries and I will definitely try one of the author's books featuring Adam Dalgliesh in the future.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6335 comments I have this in my holiday stack. I was wondering how Christmasy they were or whether like the publisher re-issue of Georgette Heyer's whodunit Envious Casca as A Christmas Party it was done to get into the hot market for holiday themed collections.