Secret Santa gift exchange! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Gift Exchange > Reveal Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 231 (231 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1751 comments Mod
If you would like to reveal yourself to your Secret Santa match, you can do so starting on DECEMBER 15th!

message 2: by Josy (last edited Dec 15, 2018 07:14AM) (new)

Josy (aceofhearts83) | 668 comments Since I won't be around much over the weekend and I don't want to leave my giftee hanging, I'm going to reveal now that I've been Secret Santa to Allison :)

Allison, I hope you enjoy your books and I'm wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a fantastic new year!!

I also want to use this opportunity to once again thank Heather, for organizing this event every year, my awesome Secret Santa Sunshine, and all the other amazing elves who visited me during this event and sent me more goodies than I could have ever imagined :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you 💕💕💕 for spoiling me so much and making this event so much fun!

All of you are very special for bringing so much happiness and joy to so many people during these last few weeks :)

I hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing Holiday Season and an awesome new year!!

message 3: by Jewel (last edited Dec 15, 2018 07:34AM) (new)

Jewel | 226 comments I'm not sure how much I will be around this weekend, myself, so I'll go ahead and reveal that I was Secret Elf to Sunshine! Sunshine, it has been a pleasure and I hope you enjoy your gifts! I do recall you acknowledging them in the Goodie's thread, but they are still showing as unclaimed on Amazon, so be sure to do that.

As for the Elfcapades, I also went by 2 super secret under-cover elf names this year....I started out as Elfness Elfingshire, but then decided on Mistletoe Minx. I guess I have a whole year to come up with next year's Elf.

I also want to thank the AMAZING and GENEROUS Elves this year that made these Elfcapades so much fun! Every year, this event is more and more fun. Until next year!!

message 4: by Cadiva (last edited Dec 15, 2018 08:36AM) (new)

Cadiva | 120 comments Holly Gingerbread signing in :)

I was Secret Santa to Kat and was luckily able to get round the pesky cross-border gifting by sending a physical book!

Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you to my lovely gifting elves as well, I'm not sure who my Santa was but I received so many lovely books and Gift Cards this year :)

Thanks, as always, to the lovely Heather for organising it all.

message 5: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Cadiva wrote: "Holly Gingerbread signing in :) "

Now that I know who you are, THANK you so much for the giftcard!! {{{HUGS}}}

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 223 comments Let see, I was Secret Santa to Shile. I was also The Hooded M/M Elf.

message 7: by Josy (new)

Josy (aceofhearts83) | 668 comments Cadiva wrote: "Holly Gingerbread signing in :) ..."

THANK YOU for Edge of Forever !!! I loved this book so, so much :)

message 8: by Shin Mon (new)

Shin Mon Thway (shinmonthway) | 150 comments Cadiva wrote: "Holly Gingerbread signing in :)

I was Secret Santa to Kat and was luckily able to get round the pesky cross-border gifting by sending a physical book!

Hope you enjoy it and thank you to all the ..."

Jewel wrote: "I'm not sure how much I will be around this weekend, myself, so I'll go ahead and reveal that I was Secret Elf to Sunshine! Sunshine, it has been a pleasure and I hope you enjoy your gifts! I do re..."

Thank you both for sending me amazing gifts. I love you guys so much! <3

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 184 comments Cadiva wrote: "Holly Gingerbread signing in :)

Hope you enjoy it and thank you to all the ..."

Thank you for the gift card you sent me. I put it to good use. I appreciate your generosity 😁

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 143 comments I was Katrin Davidson’s SS. I will not be revealing my elf name :). Until next year , happy holidays.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori | 78 comments I was Daphne Reads SS. Hope you enjoy your books. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1751 comments Mod
Thank you all for playing with me!!

My SS match was MIA (didn't post at all), but I still had fun gifting to that person and also dozens of others with my various elf names.

All of the elves have been SO GENEROUS! I love you all!!

message 13: by Bookreader87(Amanda) (last edited Dec 15, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

Bookreader87(Amanda) (bookreader87) | 184 comments I will be working all weekend so I won't be on too much 😜 but I did want to say Shh...it's NOT a secret anymore that I was Phyllis Esinam secret Santa. I am really glad you enjoyed your gifts.

Shh...it's a secret was the name I went by and I promise next year to be more creative🤔

I wanted to give little gifts to my Goodreads friends who participated this year just to say I appreciate you. I hope everyone of you has a wonderful holiday.

Lastly, I want to thank the secret elves who gifted me. I really appreciate your kindness. You guys are wonderful 😘

message 14: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "Shh...it's a secret was the name I went by...."

Thank you SO MUCH for gifting me The White Knight !!! <3

message 15: by Liza (new)

Liza (liza5326) | 81 comments I love participating in the exchange every year and this year, I was SS to Karen Gourgues.

message 16: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 12 comments Mistletoe Jingleflakes here. I was SS to Sarah Carr. This my first year and I had so much fun! Even though I was a bit clueless I kept up with all the chatting and will be more 'in the know' next year.

I love all my book pressies!!! I'm hoping to read every one of them within the next month or two. Thank you all! 😘😘😘

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 207 comments <--- lives in (view spoiler)

I don't mind revealing, since I'll choose a new name next year. My person was Teresa.

Secret Santa, please claim me.

message 18: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Fabi wrote: "Mistletoe Jingleflakes here."

You spoiled so many people this year (including moi!)!! THANK YOU for Going Overboard & Rough Trade!! I can't wait to read them! <3

message 19: by Cadiva (new)

Cadiva | 120 comments Thank you to my lovely gifting elves as well, I'm not sure who my Santa was but I received so many lovely books and Gift Cards this year :)

message 20: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Sandra wrote: "<--- lives in [spoilers removed]

I don't mind revealing, since I'll choose a new name next year. My person was Teresa.

Secret Santa, please claim me."

Haha!! I thought that might have been you! There are a few of us that moniker could fit, but it's a short list. Thank you MUCHLY for my gift! <3

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 207 comments Jewel wrote: "Thank you MUCHLY for my gift!"

I'll say the same, Mistletoe Minx!! Thank you so much!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 36 comments I have a super busy weekend do I wanted to reveal that I was Secret Santa to Amy Chichi Hsaio. I enjoyed gifting you and hopefully you enjoy the last two books since they weren’t on your wish list 😊

Also, a HUGE thank you to Heather for putting this on. It was so much fun seeing all of the gifts. Everyone was so generous and it was amazing to be a part of.

Happy Holidays to everyone out there and happy reading!!

message 23: by Kacey (new)

Kacey | 186 comments I was secret Santa to Dumbledore11214!!

And my elf name was Elfie Tinsel Toes :)

This was SO MUCH FUN!! I can’t wait until next year. Thank you thank you to Heather for hosting this and to all the incredibly generous elves who gifted me! You all are amazing ❤️

message 24: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (myromancereviews) | 24 comments I was Mad Elf Skills and my match was Trio!

This was my first year and I had so so so much fun. Thank you for all of my gifts and for letting my participate in this! What an amazing group!

message 25: by Kacey (new)

Kacey | 186 comments Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "I will be working all weekend so I won't be on too much 😜 but I did want to say Shh...it's NOT a secret anymore ..."

You sneaky sneaky elf!! 😆

THANK YOU for my gifts, your kindness and love made me soo happy 😊

I’m glad we are friends on goodreads now!

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "I will be working all weekend so I won't be on too much 😜 but I did want to say Shh...it's NOT a secret anymore that I was Phyllis Esinam secret Santa. I am really glad you enjoyed your gifts.

..."

Aww, thank you so much for The Magician Murders. I am going to be reading this very soon. Mwah!

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments Fabi wrote: "Mistletoe Jingleflakes here. I was SS to Sarah Carr. This my first year and I had so much fun! Even though I was a bit clueless I kept up with all the chatting and will be more 'in the know' next y..."

Ahh, you sneaky Elf! Thank you for For Real (Spires Book 3). I can't wait to read this. So many books, so little time. xoxoxoxo

message 28: by Wandering Reader (new)

Wandering Reader | 52 comments Another wonderful holiday exchange!!

Thank you HEAther for organizing this exchange year after year AND all participants for being so active, interesting, amusing and entertaining!!

I was the Secret Elfster to TJ

🕮 ⛄ 🎄 🦌
HAPPY HOLIDAYS & Great Books to you, All!
🎅 🕎 🎁 🌟 ❄️📚

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments Kacey wrote: "I was secret Santa to Dumbledore11214!!

This was SO MUCH FUN!! I can’t wait until next year. Thank you thank you to Heather for hosting this and to all th..."

You were super sweet to gift me Pretty Pretty Boys. This book was so popular during the exchange I decided to add it to my wish list and you delivered. :) Thank you!

message 30: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Hello to the whole Elfscapade Brigade and to Heather.

First of all, thank you again to Heather for organizing this SS exchange : it's a special moment of the year that I've come to cherish a lot.

Thank you also to all the elves. I'm so glad to see many of my usual GR friends here, but also many regular elves and some newbies. You are an awesome bunch of elves and no doubt the real Santa would love to have you in his squad 👍

Finally, I thank all the elves who visited me with their hands full of so many shiny goodies. I now feel like a little kid jumping in front of the Christmas tree, eyes bulging and wondering where to start. Thank you for all these books and for your friendship 😘 ❤. As I don't want to out any of you i case you want to keep your identity secret, I'm going to use your elf name.
THANK YOU so MUCH to :
* Crusty Cumbubble Asstickler on the Lam Elf
* Elf "Wide Minds and Blue Skies"
* Elf Hazmerso undercover avenger
* Elf on the smutty book shelf
* Elfness Elfingshire
* Holly Gingerbread
* Impatient Elf
* Jolly Sparkledust
* Mandor
* Mischievious ElfMinx
* Mistletoe Minx
* Naughty Nutcracker
* Sherry Scarlet Sparkles
* Swift Marvel elf
* Winter Cherry Elf
And also to Daphne Read and Amanda G.

To everybody, I send you my best wishes for these Holidays celebrations whether it's Christmas, Hannukah, Divali, ….
Have a wonderful time with your family and friends, with lots of love and friendship !!!!!!

message 31: by Shin Mon (new)

Shin Mon Thway (shinmonthway) | 150 comments Sandra wrote: "<--- lives in [spoilers removed]

Secret Santa, please claim me."

OMG, thank you so much for the last minute gift. :D

message 32: by Shin Mon (new)

Shin Mon Thway (shinmonthway) | 150 comments Kacey wrote: "I was secret Santa to Dumbledore11214!!

This was SO MUCH FUN!! I can’t wait until next year. Thank you thank you to Heather for hosting this and to all th..."

Thank you so much too for the wonderful gifts you sent me. :D

message 33: by SimplyƝì₭ (new)

SimplyƝì₭ (simplynik) | 43 comments This has been another great year. I had a few secret elves so I am very thankful. As I think of it, I have done this for maybe 3 years and I have never been claimed.. ugh. It's ok really.

But I am proud to say I had Michaela W.

message 34: by Diane Lynch (last edited Dec 15, 2018 09:12AM) (new)

Diane Lynch (dianedesmarrstlynch) | 19 comments Lyndsey Leach I am your Everyday Elf. I hope you were happy with your surprises. I realize I worked off an old list. Happy Holidays!📚

message 35: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Jewel wrote: "I'm not sure how much I will be around this weekend, myself, so I'll go ahead and reveal that I was Secret Elf to Sunshine! Sunshine, it has been a pleasure and I hope you enjoy your gifts! I do re..."

Mwahh to you, Jewel, for gifting me all these instalments of my favorite series of the moment : you know me so well :-)
Have a wonderful Christmas under the sun 😊

message 36: by Diane Lynch (new)

Diane Lynch (dianedesmarrstlynch) | 19 comments Heather-k-dentist-in-my-spare-time thank you for running another excellent elfster exchange.

message 37: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Cadiva wrote: "Holly Gingerbread signing in :)
"

Hi Cadiva :-) Thank you so much for thinking about me and sending me into fantasy lands !!
Merry Christmas to you 😘

message 38: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Amanda wrote: "It was so much fun seeing all of the gifts. Everyone was so generous and it was amazing to be a part of.
Happy Holidays to everyone out there and happy reading!!"

Thank you, Amanda, and for sure, I'm going to have a happy reading with LA Witt newest.
Happy holidays to you as well ❤

message 39: by Aղցela W. (last edited Dec 15, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Aղցela W. | 343 comments Hi everyone I was S. S. For Yesenia Gonzalez
I also gave gifts with the name A Friendly Elf

message 40: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments I was the SS for *LOLA FOX*. I hope you're going to enjoy your books (OMG : I've just discovered Sean Kerr - brilliant writing !!).
Merry Christmas, Lola !!!

And as I was discovered by some of you - after all, my moniker is not supposed to be the brightest of all, LOL -, I can reveal my name :
I am Elf Sleuthing a la Elmer Fudd !
In memory of some fun I had with Melissa last year about my sleuthing skills 😅

message 41: by Shile (new)

Shile  (shile) | 107 comments Roger - president of NBR United - wrote: "Let see, I was Secret Santa to Shile. I was also The Hooded M/M Elf."

Thank you so much for the gifts Roger.

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments Christelle wrote: "I was the SS for *LOLA FOX*. I hope you're going to enjoy your books (OMG : I've just discovered Sean Kerr - brilliant writing !!).

And as I was discovered by some of you..."

OMG, Christelle! I had completely forgotten until I went back to last years comments. Wow, that was super clever and now so obvious, LOL. :D

I am not planning to reveal my Elf name. ;) Buuuuut, now that I see how this Elf naming business works, I have some new ammunition to prepare for next year. And I admit now that I will be using more than one Elf name next year. Bwahahahaha!

description

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments I was SS to Ally. :) I hope you enjoy your pressies!

message 44: by Wende (new)

Wende | 29 comments I was Secret Santa to Debbie Cole

message 45: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 152 comments Santa’s Secret Helper here 😁 I’m revealing myself this year since I outed myself to my giftee , Ann Marie, or BananaBerry, as she’s known here. I had such a great time this year, as always. Much love to Heather for hosting, and a huge thank you to all the elves who visited me and left me with such amazing presents! 💕

message 46: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Melissa wrote: "OMG, Christelle! I had completely forgotten until I went back to last years comments. Wow, that was super clever and now so obvious, LOL. :D

I am not planning to reveal my Elf name. ;)"

Thanks, Melissa :-) I was hoping nobody would remember that, LOL !!!
And is that a dare to me : doing some sleuthing about you ?!? 😂

message 47: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1514 comments I was Secret Santa to Anyta Sunday, who was so much fun to gift to! xxx <3 I hope you enjoy your books. :) My elf name will stay a secret but I had fun with that one too!

Thank you Heather, for doing all the work so the rest of us can play. <3

Thanks to every single person who laughed, discussed, squeed *I wasn't the only one, LOL*, expressed excitement, sparkled and shined, and that was all of you. You sincerely cannot know how happy you made these days for me, it was amazing!

And I rather like Christelle's method, as I would like to make sure I don't miss thanking anyone either. Thanks for the wonderful gifts:

Elf sleuthing a la Elmer Fudd
HappyChappy Elf
Sherry ScarletSparkles
Shh...it's a secret
Jolly Sparkledust
BElieve THEre is GOOD in the world Elf
Holly Gingerbread
Swift Marvel Elf
personal elf (who I believe is my Secret Santa)
Winter Cherry Elf
Mistletoe Jingleflakes
elf hermazo on spree
Naughty Nutcracker
Sneaky Elf
A friend
Santa’s Secret Helper
Anyta Sunday, my lovely giftee xoxoxo

I wish I could hug you all. Thank you all so very much for thinking of me. <3

To everyone on this wonderful gift exchange, no matter what you celebrate, I hope your holiday is as warm and bright as you are! xxx

message 48: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 393 comments Christelle wrote: "And is that a dare to me : doing some sleuthing about you ?!? 😂 "

Hmm, that right there sparks an Elf name in my mind. I hope you are taking notes! 📓🔎🔦📝

message 49: by Shin Mon (new)

Shin Mon Thway (shinmonthway) | 150 comments Christelle wrote: "I was the SS for *LOLA FOX*. I hope you're going to enjoy your books (OMG : I've just discovered Sean Kerr - brilliant writing !!).

And as I was discovered by some of you..."

OMG, thank you for sending me many gifts!!!! <3

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (mochi234) | 8 comments I was secret santa for Jewel C :)

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.