Kingdom of Nocturnium discussion

The Outskirts > The Forest of Uthalrock

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Xander Mizuki (xandermizuki) | 575 comments Mod
The forest where the Dawnguard has many outposts in the trees to watch for IronForge patrols or to raid IronForge supply carts. Mainly so they can attack prison transports and free the "prisoners"

message 2: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Phoenix~They/Them | 266 comments Mod
Claire, having escaped from the city as it was wayyyyy too boring, entered the forest, skipping and humming as she walked around.

((Wouldn't her bodyguard be with her))

message 3: by Xander, Overlord (new)

(If she snuck out no.)

Yurina was walking around in her usual attire. She didn't bother changing her looks since there wasn't any wanted posters around the forest. She decided to sit by a spring and play her flute. The next patrol wasn't due for a few hours.

message 4: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((He probably followed her if he saw her sneak away :D))

Claire accidentally bumped right into Yurina, causing her(Claire) to fall to the ground.

message 5: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina knelt down and helped Claire to her feet. "You alright sweetheart?" Yurina asked concerned. She adjusted her eyepatch.

message 6: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"U-Um yeah." She said as she was helped up by the woman in front of her. She looked up, recognizing the woman. "You're Yurina, right?" She said.

message 7: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Depends on who's asking love." She said calmly. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm just another elf trying to live out her days in the forest."

message 8: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"I've seen your wanted posters around town. I shredded only a few of them, luckily Dad never found out that I was the one messing with the wanted posters." She grinned a bit as she spoke.

message 9: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina patted the girl on the head. "Well aren't you a good little helper." She smiled cutely. "Yea, I'm Yurina. The "Traitor" of the kingdom." She did air quotes when she said traitor.

message 10: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"Hi Yurina, I'm Claire...you uh...probably heard of me...or my father." She rubbed the back of her head. "I swear though, I'm not like my father at all." She said.

message 11: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Believe me I know. Besides, who would ever want to be a psychotic bastard like your father." She said in a calm tone. "I may look old, but I've learned how to read people."

message 12: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Claire softly smiled as her tiny fangs showed a small bit. "Well, I used to be more like him but I made a friend who showed me a different way. Who knew a human could impact me so much." She joked with a soft smile. "Maybe if I someday overthrow my father I could rule the kingdom the right way." She said in another joking manner.

message 13: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina looked at her fangs. She held her hand. "You poor thing. To be turned at such a young age." She offered her neck. "Thirsty?" There were several fang marks on her neck and body.

message 14: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Claire looked away, "I prefer animal blood, I found that other blood usually makes me sick." She said. "And I kinda lose control."

message 15: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina pulled back. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." She hugged Claire. "Please forgive my arrogance."

message 16: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"I-It's fine," Claire said with a soft smile. "People have always done that for fear of my father. Always assumed that I'm thirsty or drink their blood." She shrugged. "I just came here to get some hunting done, if I end up draining the blood from an animal you could bring it home to your people or friends...if you are fine eating animal meat that is." She softly smiled.

message 17: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"We always have fresh food stowed away. We practically run the forest." She sat Claire sat on her lap. "What would you like to do, since you escaped the castle?"

message 18: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"Well Dad'll be suspicious if I'm gone for way too long, I just came out here to get my fill f blood so he doesn't force me to drink a prisoner's blood again." She said.

message 19: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Understandable. All I ask is that you don't mention that you ever ran into me if you happen to see me around the city." She kissed Claire on her forehead.

message 20: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Claire nodded. "Deal." She said with a smile as she got up. "Want to come with me?" She asked.

message 21: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Where are we going if I may ask?" Yurina asked curiously.

message 22: by Xander, Overlord (new)

(Raven?)

message 23: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

"Just doing some hunting. Kinda want someone to watch my back as I kinda am unguarded when drinking and I hate having my meal interrupted." she said with a small smile.

message 24: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (Mind if I join in?)

message 25: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((Depends :P))

message 26: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (On what?)

message 27: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((On if Xander's fine with it :D))

message 28: by Xander, Overlord (new)

(Well things COULD get hairy depending on how this pans out, but i suppose it's alright.)

"Sounds like fun. I was actually about to do the same thing, though I usually hunt bears or boar since their meat is very tender." She stowed her flute and grabbed her bow. "Lead the way."

message 29: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (Well, that's where the plot idea I had comes in. Princess Shinoa is a wanted fugitive who leads an army, right? It makes sense that if IronForge is unable to capture her trhough force that he would send assassins instead, am I right?)

message 30: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((Who's Princess Shinoa))

message 31: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (Yurina. She's an elven royal, ain't she?)

message 32: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((But you said Shinoa....so I was confused))

message 33: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (Shinoa is her surname)

message 34: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((Ohhhhhh I'm stupid :P))

message 35: by Xander, Overlord (new)

(Either way, I'm ok with it, just don't kill the story before it even begins.)

message 36: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

((XD Or Claire, I want Claire to stay alive))

message 37: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) (Relax, no one's going to die. Except maybe a few guards who might be in the area and are unfortunate enough to be sent to investigate where this arrow came from.)

There was a whistling sound as an arrow whizzed through the air between Claire and Yurina before thunking into a tree next to Yurina's head, a small scroll of cheap parchment wrapped around the shaft, the words "Read Me" were stamped on the outside of the scroll.

message 38: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina decided to read the scroll. "Whoever you are, show yourself and make your presence known." She sent a halfling to investigate the origin.

message 39: by Florida_Man16 (last edited Dec 17, 2018 06:31AM) (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) The scroll's ink was black, and it had a watermark of a pair of scorpions on a ying-yang symbol. It read;

Princess Yurina Shinoa of the Dawngaurd Rebellion,
I, Lady Venom, have been paid four hundred gold sovereigns to take your head before IronForge. If you are able to make a higher payment than IronForge, I am willing to ignore this contract and I will consider you one of my employers, if not, I would hope you are not as incompetent as that soldier you sent to investigate. He is already dead.
I avoid unneccesary loss of life when I can, so I would not advise wasting anymore of your soldier's lives trying to find me. They will only end up being strung up by their belts. You need not worry about whether I know your decision. I see more than you realize.

WIth love,
Lady Venom

There was a rustling sound as the halfling's corpse fell from the treelimbs above to fall to earth a few feet away. "He died well, no screams, no gore," Johanna said from where she sat against the trunk several feet above Yurina.

message 40: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"If you're just in it for the money then here." She tossed up two platinum sovereigns. "Take your money and be peaceful towards me."

message 41: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) "I expected more resistance than that," Johanna said as she caught the coins. "Very few of my targets are ever this willing to buy their lives." She dropped the coins into a pouch at her waist before dropping out of the tree into a three point landing. "Of course, few can afford it, either."

message 42: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Very much true in my case." She said calmly. "You're just on Cain's payroll until he doesn't need you or until you die."

message 43: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) "Oh please, not even Cain can find me if I do not wish to be found, even with all his mercenaries," Johanna rolled her eyes as she said 'mercenaries'. Then she noticed Claire. "Isn't it past your bedtime, vampire girl?"

message 44: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Claire shrugged. "Not really past my bedtime, I was only out here for some quiet." She said. She looked at Johanna. "The kingdom is way too boring for me and there was nothing for me to do there." She added. "I'll be heading back shortly."

message 45: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"You have your money don't you? So in other words. We were never here and you never saw us." She said sharply.

message 46: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) "Mum's the word. The camp was too well guarded and you were nowhere for miles," Johanna said, nodding.

message 47: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Yurina held Claire's hand gently. "Let's go resume our hunt." She turned towards Johanna. "You've got what you came for, return to your master and make haste."

message 48: by Phoenix~They/Them, Xander's bestie (new)

Claire smiled lightly at Yurina. "Just make sure not to tell my father where I am if he asks." She told Johanna. "I'd rather not find out what he'll do if he found out that I left." She said.

message 49: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"He'd more than likely send a vanguard after you." She said in a joking manner. "Though those skeletons are beyond weak."

message 50: by Florida_Man16 (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) Johanna smirked. "I'll keep that in my back pocket for now," she said.

« previous 1