Aussie Readers discussion

Book Related Banter > Some news from Michael Robotham and his 2018

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 70486 comments Mod
This article from Michael Robotham is amazing - and shows how fragile life can be...

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life...

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4678 comments Wow that is truly amazing, Brenda. One lucky man for sure!

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve | 920 comments Indeed, he doesn't need to buy lottery tickets. Thank you so much for sharing it Brenda.

message 4: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11669 comments Mod
That is incredible. I hope he gave his GP a present for setting the ball rolling in the first place!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 245 comments Phew!

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 8136 comments He was so lucky to have it picked up before he had a major heart attack! One lucky man!!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

I agree - I was gobsmacked when I saw how bad he was and how well he was feeling! Such a lucky man!

message 8: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Good grief. He was lucky - and proof you just don’t know what could be happening underneath the bonnet.

message 9: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) What a lucky man, he has great doctors- thanks for sharing Brenda.

message 10: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 243 comments Amazing! So very glad the surgery went well for him. Thank you for sharing this eye opening article Brenda.

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yes, it definitely wasn't his time that's for sure! I thought it was an article well worth sharing :)

message 12: by Li'l Owl (new)

Li'l Owl | 2504 comments Wow! That's incredible!
Thanks for sharing, Brenda!
I had decided to read his books Joseph O'Loughlin series before I read this article!

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

He's a lucky man Owl :)

message 14: by MaryG2E (new)

MaryG2E (goodreadscommaryg2e) | 863 comments A-mazing! Michael Robotham attended the Bendigo Writers Festival in August 2018, and I and my book-reading buddies were queuing up to see him. He is a very effective speaker and highly entertaining to boot. Nobody who heard him then would have had a clue that he was recovering from open heart surgery. We loved him and his books.

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

He's an excellent speaker who knows how to engage the crowd. I loved meeting him when he was here a couple of years ago :)

message 16: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 243 comments He came to our international book fest in Canada, years ago, when he released Bombproof. I’ve never forgotten the wonderful experience. He truly was an entertaining speaker. I was thrilled to meet him afterwards, such a pleasant man.

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great memories Anne :)