Great African Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived | French Noms 2019 > Jan-Feb 2019 | Nominations Central Africa in French

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
Here you can nominate interesting books that were first published in French by authors from Central Africa (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Republic of the Congo). Try to keep nominations to one per person - and you're welcome to second someone else's nomination.

In order to allow a maximum of people to join, easy reads are preferred! As well as books that are easily accessible.

As we are already mid December, we need to speed up. You have one week to nominate and then we start voting.

Authors! Please note : Self-nomination is not allowed - but if you are an author and would like to promote your book, please feel free to do so in this folder. Thank you for your understanding!

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 264 comments I nominate Alain Mabanckou Petit Piment

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valroos) | 278 comments I nominate Leonora Miano La Saison de l'ombre

message 4: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
Great books!

Laura, here's the link to Petit Piment.

I'd like to nominate Photo de groupe au bord du fleuve by Emmanuel Dongala

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 264 comments Thanks Win!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 264 comments Wim. Sorry fast fingers

message 7: by Lorraine M. (new)

Lorraine M. Thompson (lorrainemarie) | 22 comments Valerie and Laura have recommended great writers and great books. If a choice has to be made I would go with Dongala's "Photo de groupe au bord du fleuve" first and then Mabanckou's.

message 8: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
We'll be voting soon and already have 3 excellent books nominated. You still have one day to suggest others!

message 9: by Lorraine M. (new)

Lorraine M. Thompson (lorrainemarie) | 22 comments What about Fiston Mwanza Mujila’s novel, Tram 83? The author is from the DRC.

message 10: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
Tram 83 is indeed a very good book. But we've already discussed it as group read earlier this year. If you're planning to read it, you can post your comments here.

message 11: by Lorraine M. (new)

Lorraine M. Thompson (lorrainemarie) | 22 comments Wim wrote: "Tram 83 is indeed a very good book. But we've already discussed it as group read earlier this year. If you're planning to read it, you can post your comments here."

My apologies. I should have checked the list to see which books had already been read. Thank you Wim for creating/managing this list.

message 12: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
Lorraine M. wrote: "My apologies. I should have checked the list ..."

No worries, Lorraine. It's hard to keep track of books having been discussed in the past in this group. And great books tend to be nominated over and over again :) Thanks for your contributions.

message 13: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 681 comments Mod
Voting starts: pick one of the three excellent books that have been nominated. You can find the poll here.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.