Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > Kurland St. Mary Mystery (Death Comes to a Village) by Catherine Lloyd

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (last edited Dec 14, 2018 12:54AM) (new)

jaxnsmom | 2397 comments Mod
January
Theme: English Village/Set in England
Death Comes to a Village by Catherine Lloyd

A wounded soldier and a rector's daughter discover strange goings-on in the sleepy village of Kurland St. Mary in Catherine Lloyd's charming Regency-set mystery debut.

Death Comes to the Village (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #1) by Catherine Lloyd Death Comes to London (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #2) by Catherine Lloyd Death Comes To Kurland Hall (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #3) by Catherine Lloyd Death Comes to the Fair (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #4) by Catherine Lloyd Death Comes to the School (Kurland St. Mary Mystery #5) by Catherine Lloyd Death Comes to Bath (Kurland St. Mary Mysteries #6) by Catherine Lloyd

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice | 385 comments I hope you like the theme and book I picked for you start the new year. I think it is a very well written cozy and each book gives us a little more detail.

message 3: by Alice (last edited Jan 01, 2019 02:01PM) (new)

Alice | 385 comments I just started Death Comes to the Fair (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #4) by Catherine Lloyd . Good beginning. Wonderful cover art It is book 4 in the series

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 548 comments Just started this one as an audio book while travelling today, and I’m enjoying it.

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice | 385 comments Alice wrote: "I just started Death Comes to the Fair (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #4) by Catherine Lloyd. Good beginning. Wonderful cover art It is book 4 in the series"

Finished it last night. HIstorical information around land ownership not as interesting as information in some other books. Still love our characters and will continue with the series

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 548 comments The first in the series is a good start, and I’ll probably look for more. I found it a cross between a regency romance and a cozy. It was a little too easy to pick the culprits, but the characters were well drawn.

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice | 385 comments I am reading Death Comes to Bath (Kurland St. Mary Mystery #6) by Catherine Lloyd It is book 6 in the series. Set in 1822 Bath, England. Still really enjoying this series.

message 8: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 470 comments I love this series too. The details of 1822 Bath are incredible. I fell in love with Bath on a visit there in 2013 and I have a 19th century map of Bath on my bedroom wall I kept referring to when reading the book. The house Lucy and Robert rent is next door to the house the Austens lived in but I'm not sure whether that's the house where Sir William Benson lives.