Diverse Divers discussion

Promotions > Author's Turn

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lili , Moderator (new)

Lili  Marcus (lilikmarcus) | 91 comments Mod
Hello again Divers

What is "Author's Turn"?
Author's Turn is actually a future segment/section in MY BLOG where I will feature an author. I'll promote their book, have an interview with them, things like that. It will be live on January.
I decided to add it here as a place where authors can share their links, AMAZON AUTHOR LINKS, Book Links and Websites.
Authors you can also promote your works here.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Happy Diving,
Lili

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Moretti (stevemoretti) | 1 comments Thanks Lili.
Great idea!

message 3: by bill (new)

bill (bmorgens) | 11 comments Lili,

I like this group because it is an author's group that allows one to promote their works. Hey, If I can't promote myself, who then can I promote? (All of my net royalties go to charity). The latest revision of "The Crazy Life of a Kid From Brooklyn" is now out. If you read the original, just email me (bill@frombk.org) and I'll send you the revisions.
For those that want my monthly newsletter, or free chapters (name a topic) sign up at https://thecrazylifeofbill.com

Merry Christmas and a good year to all.

message 4: by Lili , Moderator (last edited Dec 16, 2018 08:20AM) (new)

Steve wrote: "Thanks Lili.
Great idea!"

Hi Steve,

Good to see you in our group. I might message you one of these days. I'm not sure when because I'm still organising my 2019 blog schedule. But it will be about promoting an author in my blog which I mentioned in my first post above. I've already read your work and liked it so i can promote you. :)

P.S. It is so weird for me calling you Steve when it's obvious you're older than me. I feel like I'm disrespectful. hehe. In my country we have plenty of titles to address those who are older than us. :)

message 5: by Lili , Moderator (new)

bill wrote: "Lili,

I like this group because it is an author's group that allows one to promote their works. Hey, If I can't promote myself, who then can I promote? (All of my net royalties go to charity). The..."

Thank you for sharing your book to us. :) I'll soon check it out as I'm planning to read more nonfiction books next year. :)

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara  (goodreadscomtara_lynn_masih) | 2 comments Thanks so much for allowing authors to mention their books. Hope folks will check out My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih

It's from a smaller press so needs all the promo it can get! It was written to promote tolerance. Happy New Year, everyone.

message 7: by bill (new)

bill (bmorgens) | 11 comments A little behind but will try to get to it as I like books on 'Tolerance'. We are all bigoted to an extent but those with an open mid can mitigate that.

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara  (goodreadscomtara_lynn_masih) | 2 comments bill wrote: "A little behind but will try to get to it as I like books on 'Tolerance'. We are all bigoted to an extent but those with an open mid can mitigate that."

Thanks, Bill! The most important age is before 12. By that time, many opinions are formed. But I agree that minds can be opened by reading and empathy. Why books are so important.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca L. (beckiewrites) | 7 comments Hello, Friends!

It's great to connect with all of you. I have low vision and the Goodreads app doesn't work very well with the assistive technology on my phone, so please forgive me if my responses are late.

My name is Rebecca and I just published a chapbook on December 1st: Through My Good Eye: A Memoir in Verse
The tagline for the book is, "Poems from a Half Blind, Half Filipino, Wholehearted Preacher Lady." I think that sums it up pretty well. :)

I am currently in the process of querying an inspirational nonfiction book. I am also looking forward to connecting with other authors and readers.

Lovely to meet all of you!
-Rebecca

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca L. (beckiewrites) | 7 comments Lili wrote: "Hello again Divers

What is "Author's Turn"?
Author's Turn is actually a future segment/section in MY BLOG where I will feature an author. I'll promote their book, have an interview with them, th..."

Great to meet you! I've followed you :)

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca L. (beckiewrites) | 7 comments Lili wrote: "bill wrote: "Lili,

I like this group because it is an author's group that allows one to promote their works. Hey, If I can't promote myself, who then can I promote? (All of my net royalties go to ..."

Wow! Your book looks so powerful. I've added you to my TBR. It's lovely to connect with you!

message 12: by bill (new)

bill (bmorgens) | 11 comments Likewise Lili and of course I appreciate your very kind words.

Wishing you and yours good things for the coming year.

message 13: by Teri (new)

Teri Hi, guys! I'm a YA horror/sci-fi/fantasy writer, and wanted to let you know today, 12/20, is the final day to download The Gemini Connection, a YA sci-fi/fantasy, for FREE! Look forward to getting to know all of you! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFGFN66
The Gemini Connection by Teri Polen

message 14: by bill (new)

bill (bmorgens) | 11 comments Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a fine year.

I write a newsletter every month. Sometimes instructional, sometimes humorous, sometimes a chapter from my book and sometimes historical. To sign up go to my site: https://thecrazylifeofbill.com

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Chrobak (mchrobakauthor) | 17 comments Thanks for the free opportunity to promote! Here’s my link:

amazon.com/author/michaelchrobak

message 16: by bill (new)

bill (bmorgens) | 11 comments Excellent link. I just wrote 1 book and one revision but I like what you did.