Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)
This topic is about Eldest
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Eldest [Apr 5, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
April 5th.

Kathrine | 1246 comments Gonna start this in the next few days :D

Kathrine | 1246 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Enjoy 😊"

Kathrine | 1246 comments I started yesterday, only got a couple of chapters in.

I do think Paolini improved as a writer from the first to the second book, but we'll see if that continues throughout the book or if it's just a good start.

message 6: by Kathrine (last edited Apr 04, 2019 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathrine | 1246 comments I'm having a lot of fun with this book – it's like seeing an old friend. My danish copy is close to disintegrating (every third page is dog-eared and the spine only persist because of the amounts of tape I've used) because I read it so much – it's even been across the world with me! I brought it with me to Australia and read it maybe twice on that trip alone. Anyway, som thoughts:

Chapter "Roran": (view spoiler)

Chapter "Az Sweldn Rak Anhûin": (view spoiler)

Chapter "His Enemy's Face": (view spoiler)

Chapter "The Dagshelgr Invocation": (view spoiler)

Chapter "Out of the Past": I remember reading this chapter for the first time and I almost couldn't contain myself from the excitement when I got to the end. (view spoiler)

Chapter "On the Crags of Tel'naeír" to chapter "Under the Menoa Tree": (view spoiler)

Chapters "A Maze of Opposition" through "Elva": (view spoiler)

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Kathrine wrote: "I started yesterday, only got a couple of chapters in.

I do think Paolini improved as a writer from the first to the second book, but we'll see if that continues throughout the book or if it's jus..."

Ooh that's promising! :)

If I can get to this before the 2 week late deadline I will read it so I can open all your spoilers and have a chat. :D

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "Ooh that's promising! :)

If I can get to this before the 2 week late deadline I will read it so I can open all your spoilers and have a chat. :D"

Yay :D

Hailee | 2601 comments Just finished Under a Darkling Sky:

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Hailee (last edited Apr 06, 2019 08:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2601 comments Kathrine wrote: "Chapter "Az Sweldn Rak Anhûin": (view spoiler)..."

(view spoiler)