Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
This topic is about Eragon
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Eragon [Mar 5, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4606 comments Mod
March 5th.

Sarah | 494 comments I've been meaning to reread this series for ages.
Hopefully I can fit it in!

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments I would like to read this

Kathrine | 1246 comments In.

I'm a bit scared to re-read this series because it was my favorite series as a child. Hope I don't ruin those childhood memories!

Sarah-Grace (Azrael865) (sarah-grace) I own them and never read them. I'm in.

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments Got the book from the library

Hailee | 2499 comments I'm pretty much ready to start reading this. Anyone else starting today?

Hailee | 2499 comments I've just finished 'Strangers in Carvahall'.

Like Kathrine I was worried that rereading it would ruin the good memories I have of it but so far this hasn't happened.

While I admit the writing isn't very sophisticated I'm still really enjoying it and it is really easy to read. I remember just enough for the things that are happening to be familiar but I read it long ago enough that I don't know exactly what will be coming next.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I've never read this so going to try and join! :)

message 10: by Hailee (last edited Mar 05, 2019 04:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments Siobhan wrote: "I've never read this so going to try and join! :)"

Yay. Hope you are able to fit it in 🤞🏻. It reads really quickly. I read the first 70 pages before I knew it.

Kathrine | 1246 comments Started yesterday. I was hit by a huge wave of nostalgia when I read the first page. This was my favorite book as a child, and I read it so much – basically once or twice every year. Reading it again took me right back to my childhood :D

I was so afraid I'd be disappointed in the writing, but I'm actually not. It's of course not the best prose, but it does a great (if inelegant) job of describing the world. It's also pretty easy to read and very straightforward, which I actually kinda like – but if that's the childhood nostalgia talking, I don't know xD

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I'm doing the audiobook to try and squeeze it in. I'm 4% in, up to 'Dragon Tails' I think the chapter was called. I'm really liking it so far!

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "I'm doing the audiobook to try and squeeze it in. I'm 4% in, up to 'Dragon Tails' I think the chapter was called. I'm really liking it so far!"

Yay – happy to hear you're enjoying it, at least so far :D

Kathrine | 1246 comments Done with "Through a Dragon's Eye". This used to be my favorite chapter in the entire book. (view spoiler)

I'm really entertained by the story. It has this specific "adventure"-feel which I love. Though (spoilers for up this chapter) (view spoiler)

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments I’ve started reading

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments Where is everyone up to?

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments 25% through, managed to listen to a few hours on my extra long commute today! It's such a long audiobook. I'm struggling to remember the chapter names to say exactly where I'm at. I like the characters so far and the story is interesting enough. I like the style of the writing too, it flows well and manages to retain my attention even with the audio.

message 18: by Hailee (last edited Mar 08, 2019 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments I'm just behind you at 22% (just about to start Therinsford). I had to put it on the backburner for a couple of days. I'm still liking it as well. I'm remembering more and more as I read.

At the moment (view spoiler)

I'm planning to read more tomorrow, although my main priority has to be The Legion of Flame so that I can start the sequel on time. I'm play catch up with everything at the moment.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Yeah I'm playing catch up too, so totally feel ya. Hope you're enjoying Legion of Flame!

Kathrine | 1246 comments Finished!

I really, really, really enjoyed this reunion with a book that meant the world to me as a child. I'm having a hard time separating nostalgia feelings from how I feel about the book reading it this time around. I really can't judge it objectively – I still think it's a very enjoyable book, though I can now recognize the less ideal aspects of it.

I ended up giving it 4 stars this time around. Maybe I'd have judged it differently if this was the first time I read it xD

Hailee | 2499 comments Siobhan wrote: "Yeah I'm playing catch up too, so totally feel ya. Hope you're enjoying Legion of Flame!"

I am really enjoying it. I keep meaning to go over to the thread and put down some comments. I'll try and do that today.

message 22: by Hailee (last edited Mar 10, 2019 03:11AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments I'm now about 35% into Eragon.

(view spoiler)

I'm definitely aware of the flaws in this novel but I am enjoying re-reading this so much that I just don't care.

message 23: by Hailee (last edited Mar 15, 2019 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments Just reached the 50% mark.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Hailee wrote: "Just reached the 50% mark.

[spoilers removed]"

I think I'm just past you at 54%!

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Hailee (last edited Mar 18, 2019 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments Siobhan wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Just reached the 50% mark.

[spoilers removed]"

..."

Oh no I'd hate that so much!!(view spoiler)

I've just reached 68%. (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Do you watch Rupaul's drag race, Hailee? (related question honestly) 😅

Hailee | 2499 comments Siobhan wrote: "Do you watch Rupaul's drag race, Hailee? (related question honestly) 😅"

Haha. No I've seen it advertised quite a bit but have yet to get around to it. I've heard good things about it.

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 681 comments Ha! I finally finished Tigana and I'm hoping to start this one tomorrow. Stoked that there are still people reading it! I was worried that I was going to miss reading it with you all

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Hailee wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Do you watch Rupaul's drag race, Hailee? (related question honestly) 😅"

Haha. No I've seen it advertised quite a bit but have yet to get around to it. I've heard good things about it."

Oh well! My point will not be appreciated! 😂

One of the contestants did a voice in an acting challenge last week that sounded just like the cookie monster, and now all I can picture is a drag queen whenever Saphira talks hahaha.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Jessica wrote: "Ha! I finally finished Tigana and I'm hoping to start this one tomorrow. Stoked that there are still people reading it! I was worried that I was going to miss reading it with you all"

I'm slow because I'm listening to the audiobook. :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Hailee wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Just reached the 50% mark.

[spoilers removed]"

..."

Oh no I'd hate that so much!![spoilers removed]

I've just reached 68%. [s..."

68% - (view spoiler)

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments I’m at 9% going to catch up soon

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Hope you enjoy! Have you read it before?

Siren Book Nerd And Proud (kairabooknerdandproud) | 9 comments No but it’s good soo far

Hailee | 2499 comments Keira wrote: "No but it’s good soo far"

Glad you are enjoying it so far.

Hailee | 2499 comments I'm at 81% in now. I've just finished The Glory of Tronjheim.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Finished! I'm glad I read this finally. It was good, not excellent, but good. I enjoyed the journey.

Hailee | 2499 comments Glad you liked it. I feel pretty much much the same about it. It isn't life changing but while I'm reading I have fun.

Are you planning on continuing on with the rest of the series?

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I would like to continue yeah, are the rest scheduled? I'm not sure I'd be ready by the 5th, but I could try to catch up if others are starting then. :)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "I would like to continue yeah, are the rest scheduled? I'm not sure I'd be ready by the 5th, but I could try to catch up if others are starting then. :)"

Yes, the rest are scheduled in the Paolini-folder – I'm definitely continuing, would be great to have company! :D

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Oh cool! Well I might be a little late, but I'll try my best!

Hailee | 2499 comments I've finished. It brought back a lot of fond memories. Granted noone will finish this and think how well written and original it was but I did close it and think about how much I enjoyed the journey and I am looking forward to picking up book 2.

message 43: by Hailee (last edited Mar 22, 2019 11:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hailee | 2499 comments Hope you can find time to read book 2 Siobhan. Doesn't matter if you can't start on time. I'm not sure I will to be honest...

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 681 comments Work has been super crazy the last month so I only just now got to continue reading this one. I'm almost finished (will probably finish up today) and I'm really enjoying it. It's nothing spectacular, but it has been fun.

Hoping to start the 2nd book in the next couple of days.

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 681 comments Finished! Super fun and I'm definitely going to start the 2nd one. Planning on going through spoilers and such tonight