What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > historical western romance Farm or ranch. Wife is proper, scared to sleep in same bed w/husband. Delays consummation. He holds her in bed but she lies stiff as a board.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 2 comments Im sorry but this is probably going to be the vaguest description of all time.

I read this book within the past 4-5 years but am unsure of when it was published. Im positive it was in ebook i got off amazon for my kindle. The book was historical western romance. I'm pretty sure the H runs some type of farm/ranch/cattle farm. The h comes from back east somewhere (i think) i know she's very proper and she is very scared about sleeping in the same bed as the H. The H wants to consummate the marriage but is giving h time to adjust. I remember one scene where basically thery are in bed and the H tells h that they don't have to do anything but he will hold her during the night and I'm pretty sure she stays awake most of the night laying like a stiff board. I can't remember how their marriage came about, be it mail order bride or h came and was supposed to marry someone else and it fell through or something happened to her original intended. I have a feeling she wasn't supposed to marry the H though and he did it out of good will.

Im really sorry i don't have any more info. Even if there are some authors you might think fits the bill id be more than happy with that and ill do some more research. Ive done so many google searches and scrolling through endless lists of series my brain is about ready to fry *eek*Thanks everyone :D

message 2: by Nada (new)

Nada | 26 comments I feel like I have read this

message 3: by Nada (new)

Nada | 26 comments oops hit the send button by accident. Could it be jodi thomas .... texan's wager

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1065 comments I'm also thinking Jodi Thomas

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 2 comments No sorry thats not it :(

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 29 comments could it be keegans lady by catherine anderson. the h has a real fear of sleeping with her husband who she was forced to wed by gun point

message 7: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 44 comments This isn't historical, but Debbie Macomber has a mail order bride story that is really good. Morning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber

message 8: by Austin (new)

Austin Smith | 1 comments Dang I have definitely read something like this. I think a few of their neighbors die or something and a friend has to help deliver their baby?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Morning Comes Softly (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jodi Thomas (other topics)