What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > woman on the run, comes back to find man w/optimal security for her inherited home in woods

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments I'm not sure if the young single woman has inherited a ranch/large-acred, wooded, property from a caring older woman (foster/related?) But she returns to this home only to find a man already living there. He is or was in the security business and helps protect her. He has a brother who was a soldier with a traumatic past and he helps protect her when a large group of armed bad guys shows up & tries to kidnap or kill the woman. I think this is a series because I remember that at the end of this book, the author had an excerpt of the brothers story. The man had cameras & sensors located all over the wooded property. I read this story about 15 years ago.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 16, 2018 01:54PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Michelle, is this a romantic suspense novel? Is the security guy her romantic interest? Is he living in the house claiming that he owns it?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her job/skills/interests, rich/poor, family/friends, etc.?

Was she trying to hide out in this home at the start? Any sense of why the bad guys are after her (e.g., witnessed a crime, psycho ex-boyfriend)?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Thomas Perry has a series about Jane Whitefield. The first one is Vanishing Act. Jane is a woman who specializes in helping innocent people disappear because someone wants them dead. Her methods are very detailed. After one of her jobs (which can last for several months), she does come home to find out a connection has secured her home as a safe haven. I'm not sure which of the books is that one.
The series is good, even if it isn't yours!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vanishing Act (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Thomas Perry (other topics)