Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta reader available

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I am willing to read anything romance ext. Historical. If it is not a romance ask first. No nonfiction! Sorry! I am willing to proofreading if you at least once put it through the spell checker.
My rules:
1. word or PDF files or Betabooks.com or google Doc
2. 400 page Max
3. Send your MS to my email with you name that is here and if you want me proofread it.
4. Let me know if it has profanity. I don't mind it, just need to know upfront
5. It will be a week to two weeks.

So I are are interested, Comment below or PM me. (Private Message)

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Lee | 8 comments Hi Jennifer!
I have a completed YA Contemp novel on my hands. Here’s a little blurb: When Savannah is accepted to college on a full ride, her dream of attending a historical black college is stalled. After her attempt to fit in fails and racial tension peaks, she must make a decision: her scholarship or her self respect.

Hope to hear back.

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 13, 2018 06:11PM) (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Kristen wrote: "Hi Jennifer!
I have a completed YA Contemp novel on my hands. Here’s a little blurb: When Savannah is accepted to college on a full ride, her dream of attending a historical black college is stalle..."

I would love to read . Please Pm me.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments My novel is a Sci-fi/ YA novel that has subgenres of romance and mental health, so romance isn't the main aspect of it but it is included. As for the sci-fi, it's fairly light, not Star Wars or anything like that.

Here's the unofficial blurb:

To all the girls under mother’s watchful eye, the purpose of life is straightforward. Please mother. To please mother, you must never show any weakness, no matter how unbearable it gets. This is simply what life is, nothing more, nothing less.
With her time twin, Clara, by her side, Clarissa strives for pure perfection to never let mother down.
If all there is to life is what she sees here with mother, who is this stranger that appears out of nowhere? Why does this stranger seem to understand Clarissa better then she even understands herself? In her attempt to find the answers to these questions, Clarissa discovers an unfortunate truth about the world she knows.
Forced into a completely different world, away from all that she knows and placed with a family of strangers, how will Clarissa cope? What happens when years of pleasing mother finally starts to show it’s damage?

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Lisa wrote: "My novel is a Sci-fi/ YA novel that has subgenres of romance and mental health, so romance isn't the main aspect of it but it is included. As for the sci-fi, it's fairly light, not Star Wars or any..."

I would love read it. Please Pm me.

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Nairn Hi Lisa, are you still available to beta read? I have just finished my 10k romantic novelette which is a follow on from my previous novel, A Sorry Affair.

Here's the blurb; Abbi was left in tatters when she found out the man she was in love with was engaged to another woman. She was ostracised by family and friends who didn’t believe she had no idea that she was ‘the other woman.’ Life with Me picks up Abbi’s story from there.
She retreats to the New Forest, more than 400 miles away from her friends, family and work, to lick her wounds, forget her past and start afresh. Her life is in turmoil but she is clear about one thing. She has vowed she will never expose herself to that level of hurt and humiliation again and will never continue a relationship beyond six months. In short, she will never have a serious relationship with any other man. She is resolute in her decision until Dan arrives on the scene.
He’s kind, funny, but most of all trustworthy. Dan knows the score and has vowed to wait for her until she is ready to accept him in her life but can he persuade her to let go of her hurt and resentment and follow her heart. Can Abbi ever learn to trust anyone again? Or is she too broken?
Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you a pdf. Thanks. Kirsten

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Kirsten wrote: "Hi Lisa, are you still available to beta read? I have just finished my 10k romantic novelette which is a follow on from my previous novel, A Sorry Affair.

Here's the blurb; Abbi was left in tatte..."

Kirsten wrote: "Hi Lisa, are you still available to beta read? I have just finished my 10k romantic novelette which is a follow on from my previous novel, A Sorry Affair.

Here's the blurb; Abbi was left in tatte..."

Are you talking to Lisa or me? I am not Lisa. If you are talking to me, please pm me.

message 8: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.