Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Contemporary Romance - 80k - Betas Wanted

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Demetra (last edited Dec 22, 2018 12:54PM) (new)

Demetra Georgiou | 20 comments Hello everyone!!!
Thank you for stopping by!!!
I am looking for a Beta reader or a Critique Partner.
My name is Demetra and I've just finished my first novel. It is a Contemporary Romance containing erotica. I intend to publish it in two parts (duet) and I need some avid readers to share their opinions with me.
As you can imagine, since this is my first-born, I feel very protective about it. So, in the first place, I will send you some chapters to see for myself if we can work together before sending you my entire first part.
It is set in modern Greece, in the beautiful city of Nafplio and its heroine is one of a kind (in my humble opinion). Primarily is a romance novel of approximately 85k words written in first person and employing present tense.
If you are interested, please let me know.
Cheers!!!!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I would love to read it. Please Pm me.

message 3: by Ellen (last edited Dec 13, 2018 05:16PM) (new)

Ellen Kelly | 12 comments I would like to read some chapters as well. Please email me at ellenkelly1492@gmail.com
Ellen

message 4: by Demetra (new)

Demetra Georgiou | 20 comments Hello again,

I am still looking for betas or critique partners.
Here's is a rough draft of my blurb.

Funny and vivacious Diane, with a promising career in the publishing industry, is on the path to success - and a sparkling new job promotion.

But Fate has other plans for her. Her promotion is snatched away, her family suffers a heart-breaking bereavement, and she finds herself in beautiful Nafplio, Greece, reluctant owner of a bookstore and planted directly in the sights of a handsome stranger.

He is tall, mysterious, and possesses a pair of green eyes which Diane can’t ignore.

Who is this man? Why does he keep turning up? How does he know her name? And why can’t Diane stop thinking about him? Each encounter is more volatile than the last. She shouldn’t even like him but there’s something about him.

Is this fate, or is there something more sinister afoot?

They say that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover … and sometimes a bookstore has secrets and sometimes a man is not all that he seems.

I am looking forward to hearing from you...

Demetra