Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019 discussion

Prompt Discussions > 37. The Marathon Challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Graphic Novel or Series that is at least 1000 pages in length.

message 2: by 47Time (new)

47Time Now this is just cheating. So it's basically 'long comic' :)) It seems that a comic with 40+ regular-length issues (24 pages) covers this.

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
47Time wrote: "Now this is just cheating. So it's basically 'long comic' :)) It seems that a comic with 40+ regular-length issues (24 pages) covers this."

Lol This is very true. I was trying to pick a length that would feel longer than most, but not a ridiculous chore ( I very briefly considered 2,500 pgs, then slapped some sense into myself.)

message 4: by Erin (last edited Dec 17, 2018 11:05AM) (new)

Erin (panelparty) I think I will read Bone: The Complete Edition for this, or Vol. 2-9 of Chew while I work on my read-through of that. I read Bone Vol. 1 for this year's IRCB Reading Challenge and totally fell in love with it.

You could also use one of the Archie 1000 Page Digests, or one of the huge Walking Dead compendiums.

message 5: by Matt (last edited Dec 17, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Those Walking Dead Compendiums are perfect actually! Ive read the first 2 and the story really lends itself well to that format. You will blow through them in a surprisingly short time.

50x66

Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bone: The Complete Edition (other topics)