Graphic Novel/Manga Reading Challenge 2019 discussion

Prompt Discussions > 28. The Mighty Pen Challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Graphic Novel or Series focusing on the written word or the effect of literature. (writing, journalism, books)

message 2: by 47Time (new)

47Time Any ideas on this? I'm thinking it's not about Spider-Man or Superman, right?

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Depending on the story, I don't see why it couldn't be. I was thinking along the lines of any story in which literature is a driving factor (getting a good story, investigations, news coverage, writing, story telling). If the story focuses on either Supes or Spider-Man investigating a story or hunting down leads etc, I think that would totally qualify. Some others I have in mind are:

Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street - Gonzo Journalism

The Nightly News - Modern News Media

DMZ, Vol. 1: On the Ground - Wartime Journalism

Invisible Republic, Vol. 1 - Investigative Journalism

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) Abbott is about a journalist - I really enjoyed it!

The Influencing Machine: Brooke Gladstone on the Media would also work for this category.

The Fixer: A Story from Sarajevo

Rolling Blackouts: Dispatches from Turkey, Syria, and Iraq

Out on the Wire: Uncovering the Secrets of Radio's New Masters of Story with Ira Glass as a total NPR fangirl I'm really interested in this book about the behind the scenes of the awesome radio programs and podcasts out there.

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt | 117 comments Mod
Abbott is by Saladin Ahmed? Sold!

And Out on the Wire: Uncovering the Secrets of Radio's New Masters of Story with Ira Glass looks really cool. My boss got me hooked on listening to NPR in transit to/from work, and now I've slowly converted most of my family and coworkers.