Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

2019 Level 4 (Sleuth Extra) > Tari's Cruisin' Cozies 2019

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tari (last edited Feb 13, 2019 05:45PM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 28 comments Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) -
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
1. In Peppermint Peril (A Tea and Read Mystery, #1) by Joy Avon In Peppermint Peril-Joy Avon
2. Jeopardy in January (Calendar Mysteries #1) by Camilla Chafer Jeopardy in January--Camilla Chafer
3. Batter Off Dead (A Southern Cake Baker Mystery, #2) by Maymee Bell Batter Off Dead--Maymee Bell
4. A Charming Cure (Magical Cures Mystery, #2) by Tonya Kappes A Charming Cure--Tonya Kappes
5. The Novel Art of Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #3) by V.M. Burns The Novel Art of Murder--VM Burns
6. Death and Daisies (A Magic Garden Mystery #2) by Amanda Flower Death and Daisies--Amanda Flower
7. A Midwinter's Tail (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #4) by Bethany Blake A Midwinter's Tail--Bethany Blake
8. Snowy Misery (Alaska Cozy Mystery #7) by Wendy Meadows Snowy Misery--Wendy Meadows
9. Candy Apple Killer by Chelsea Thomas Candy Apple Killer--Chelsea Thomas
10. A Scandal in Scarlet (A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery, #4) by Vicki Delany A Scandal in Scarlet--Vicki Delany
11. How to Knit a Murder (Seaside Knitters Society, #13) by Sally Goldenbaum How to Knit a Murder--Sally Goldenbaum
12. A Ghost of Glaze A Vampire & Baking Cozy Mystery (Priscilla Pratt Mystery Book 6) by Melissa Monroe A Ghost of Glaze--Melissa Monroe
13. Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5) by Barbara Ross Iced Under--Barbara Ross
14. Pleating for Mercy (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #1) by Melissa Bourbon Pleating for Mercy--Melissa Bourbon
15. The Whispered Word (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #2) by Ellery Adams The Whispered Word--Ellery Adams
16. Decaffeinated Scandal by Tonya Kappes Decaffeinated Scandal--Tonya Kappes
17. Peril at the Pawn Shop by Mel Faye Peril at the Pawn Shop--Mel Faye
18. The Body in the Attic (A Jazzi Zanders Mystery #1) by Judi Lynn The Body in the Attic--Judi Lynn
19. A Tiny Bite of Murder (The Monkey's Eyebrow Tea Room Series Book 1) by Constance Barker A Tiny Bite of Murder--Constance Barker
20. A Juicy Morsel of Jealousy (A Foodie Files Mystery Book 3) by Christine Zane Thomas A Juicy Morsel of Jealousy--Christine Zane Thomas
21. Christmas Carol Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #20) by Leslie Meier Christmas Carol Murder--Leslie Meier
22. Deal Gone Dead (Lily Sprayberry Realtor #1) by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson Deal Gone Dead--Carolyn Ridder Aspenson
23. Murder, She Wrote Manuscript for Murder by Jessica Fletcher Manuscript for Murder--Jessica Fletcher/Jon Land
24. Treacherous Trinkets (Rose Hollow Mysteries Book 2) by E.Z. Pennington Treacherous Trinkets--EZ Pennington
25. A Case of Syrah, Syrah (A Wine Country Mystery #1) by Nancy J. Parra A Case of Syrah, Syrah--Nancy J. Parra
26. Seven Deadly Zins (A Sonoma Wine Country Mystery #2) by Nancy J. Parra Seven Deadly Zins--Nancy J. Parra
27. Murder Wears a Little Black Dress (Resale Boutique Mystery #1) by Debra Sennefelder Murder Wears a Little Black Dress--Debra Sennefelder
28. Dead Editor File (The Taylor Browning Cozy Mysteries, #1) by G.G. Collins Dead Editor File--G.G. Collins
29. Secrets in a Bottle (A Whodunit Antiques Cozy Mystery Book 1) by Shelly West Secrets in a Bottle-Shelly West
30. A Body on Fitzgerald’s Bluff (Seaview Cottages Cozy Mystery # 1) by Anna Celeste Burke A Body on Fitzgerald's Bluff--Anna Celeste Burke
31. Dead as a Door Knocker (House-Flipper Mystery #1) by Diane Kelly Dead as a Door Knocker--Diane Kelly
32. Baby Daddy Mystery (Shady Hoosier Detective Agency, #2) by Daisy Pettles Baby Daddy Mystery--Daisy Pettles
33. Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) by Jessica Fletcher Gin & Daggers--Jessica Fletcher/Donald Bain
34. Meet Your Baker (A Bakeshop Mystery, #1) by Ellie Alexander Meet Your Baker--Ellie Alexander
35. Bones Behind the Wheel A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery (Haunted Guesthouse Mysteries) by E.J. Copperman Bones Behind the Wheel--E.J. Copperman
36. Pruning the Dead (A Garden Squad Mystery #1) by Julia Henry Pruning the Dead--Julia Henry
37. Town Hall Homicide A Cozy Mystery for Pet Lovers (A Walk in the Bark Book 2) by Mel Faye Town Hall Homicide--Mel Faye
38. Heirlooms and Homicide (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery Book 1) by Danielle Collins Heirlooms and Homicide--Danielle Collins
39. A Gift of Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #19) by Carolyn Haines A Gift of Bones by Carolyn Haines
40. Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake (A Death by Chocolate Mystery #2) by Sarah Graves Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake--Sarah Graves

message 2: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 855 comments Mod
Good luck with the challenge!

message 3: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 28 comments Yvonne wrote: "Good luck with the challenge!" Thanks! I did option B in 2018, thought I'd make it a little easier on myself this year ;)

message 4: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 28 comments It's a wrap!

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 313 comments Tari wrote: "It's a wrap!"

GO YOU!

message 6: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 28 comments Katherine wrote: "GO YOU!" Thanks!

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (xkamx) | 275 comments Tari wrote: "It's a wrap!"

I'm perusing the topic (and avoiding updates to my list!). You did all this in two months!! WOW!

Congratulations!

message 8: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 28 comments Karen wrote: "Tari wrote: "It's a wrap!"

I'm perusing the topic (and avoiding updates to my list!). You did all this in two months!! WOW!

Congratulations!"
Thanks Karen! In all fairness I have to admit the only thing I read is cozies, so it didn't take long for them to add up. I might go with the other option for next year...maybe ;)

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen (xkamx) | 275 comments Tari wrote: "I might go with the other option for next year...maybe ;)"

I can't do the other option (B). Okay... I could, but I like reading what I want when I want (selfish that way :o?). That doesn't always (has yet to) fill the categories -- other than the freebies, of course. Since most cozies are part of a series, to get specific sub-genres means starting another series or reading out of order. Or, maybe, rereading certain entries, which I'm not opposed to, but with so much to read...

and
Tari wrote: "In all fairness I have to admit the only thing I read is cozies, so it didn't take long for them to add up."

My reading used to be 90%+ cozies. Then, a friend of mine was writing an epic romance she wanted me to edit. She kept passing her romance "research" to me. I really hadn't read romance since early high school. I started zipping through them and didn't stop after her death (sadly, before she finish her book). After getting an e-reader, I found myself further sucked into contemporary romance (mild to hot) because of the freebies. Though, I do "collect" cozy freebies, too.