The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Characters > Astrid

Comments Showing 1-50 of 280 (280 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Discuss Astrid's character here.

What do you think her power is? What role do you think it will play later in the series?

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Oh lord! I can't determine her power. I don't know if she truly knows her power yet. I hope MG gets more detailed soon because I'm dying to know!

Anyone have any ideas?

I hope she doesn't betray Sam....I hope they stay together. I hate when couples break up and its al crazy like that. I hope they have a relationship throughout the series

message 3: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lianna (emiliaclarkes) | 187 comments Mod
You know it's almost time for Astrid to poof in the series. I mean it's been some months since November and March is approaching soon, right? I want to see how Astrid handles it.

I think the same. They're one of my favorite couples (Sam & Astrid). But it would be one of the best twists if Astrid betrays Sam, sad to say. The people of Perdido Beach need Astrid. She has the brains. She is by far second to Sam in importance. And I'd feel really bad for Sam if she does leave. He'd go crazy because it said that she was really the only reason that Sam was still going. I hope they stay together though.

And for Astrid's power...It makes me wonder. She sees their...fate? fly across the sky. Maybe it's how important the person is to her or how important they are to her in the future. I mean that might make sense cause Sam turns out to be her boyfriend,right? I really hope Astrid's power pays a bigger role in LIES. It's really interesting. I don't think her power is fully developed yet.

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) She's never mentioned what she 'sees' when she touches Petey....or did I miss that?

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

She hasn't mentioned it, unless I missed it too.

message 6: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I don't think she mentioned it...But I wonder what she does feel when she touches Petey.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Jillian wrote: "Oh lord! I can't determine her power. I don't know if she truly knows her power yet. I hope MG gets more detailed soon because I'm dying to know!

Anyone have any ideas?

I hope she doesn'..."

You don't know how pissed I'll be if Astrid betrays Sam. She's important, and Sam DOES LOVE HER, and though it will give a twist to the book, it will ruin it. I really don't wanna see that happen. so let's hope not :D

message 8: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Ahhh. That would be horribly annoying. I hope she doesn't lie to him...Cause he's in love with her and he trusts her. It'd ruin it :/

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments that'd suck

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yah. like with the luxe series, (I'm on the second book) it sort of got ruined when certain things happened and i don't want that to happen to gone.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Better not. *growls*

message 12: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments SHE BETTE NOT!!1

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Heeh

message 14: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments I can't type...haha

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh jeez. *bangs forehead* I might just shoot myself if that ever happened, lol.

PLEASE MG DON'T DO THAT!

message 17: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Astrid/Orc would be beyond disturbing. XD Astrid/Caine would be really weird too.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol yesh

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they're really cute together.
Both just...a little sick in the head. But they seem a good match

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Majorly sick in the head is Drake. Slightly is Caine :P

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol! Some people like Drake better :D

message 22: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Amber wrote: "Yes, but isn't that why we love him so much?
P.S. My friend think's that Drake is awesomer than Caine! Is that even possible???!!?!!!?!?!!?"

How? How can someone like Drake more?

message 23: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

I don't see how it's possible either. :)

message 24: by Grace (new)

Grace | 637 comments But without Drake the book would be so boring!
Not that i approve of the stuff he does ...
but think about it

message 25: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Grace wrote: "But without Drake the book would be so boring!
Not that i approve of the stuff he does ...
but think about it "

True, but that doesn't mean that doesn't meant that Caine isn't undebatabley cooler and more interesting.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah

message 27: by Akin (new)

Akin (akin_glen) | 1 comments I liked Drake. Well, as a bad guy. I think he's a lot scarier than Caine. Plus, after the end of Hunger, where Caine and Sam teamed up to fight the monster in the cave, it just doesn't sit well with me that they'd be enemies again in Lies. So what? It's going to be Sam vs Caine today, and then when something bigger occurs, it's Sam and Caine vs Bigger baddy? Lame

Peroxide Blond  (twits500) | 671 comments i thought drake was scarier in GONE than in hunger, he seemed a bit more desperare in hunger and he was kinda lame... i was getting tired of him :(

message 29: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Akin, I liked the way Caine and Sam teamed up for a short time at the end of Hunger. It showed that they can get pass their feelings for each other to face a problem. And they can work together. Even if it's Caine yelling at Sam to do something and Sam doing so.

I didn't like Drake in Hunger. He was lame, as Brook said. He seemed too desperate to hurt Sam and acted annoying. I've never liked him anyway, so.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Well Drake isn't supposed to be a like-able character...I have not gotten to the second book yet, grr. Isn't it called Lies? I need it!

message 31: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments The second book is Hunger and the third book is Lies Has Hunger not come out yet where you live? or have you just not gotten it?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Have not gotten it :-/

message 33: by Sami (new)

Sami | 111 comments Oh. well you have to go get it!!!!!

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments I think Astrid already has a power. She read Sam's destiny once, remember? I think M.G. will keep her power minor, to even out the "Moofs" and "Normies". I don't like her sometimes, but I guess she's okay. I think the contrast M.G. did between her and Diana is cool. They're extreme opposites but they can both "read" people. It's cool. I guess she's okay, but Diana is cooler. I'm Team Diana! LOL!

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Astrid/Orc would be beyond disturbing. XD Astrid/Caine would be really weird too."

HAHA!!! Me and my friend made a joke about Astrid and Caine going out. We could picture them sitting on a couch and Astrid would be blabbing about something factual and Caine would just stare at her, picturing what it would be like to kill her at that moment. Sam and Diana would be funny too. Though not as funny as Cain and Astrid. They probably wouldn't really do anything. They don't have much in common. Diana would be mapping out an evil manipulative plan to manipulate someone for her greater good. Or Sam would be like "Hey, let's go surfing." She'd probably smirk and walk away. Ahhh, I love the bad guys :)

message 36: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rayne | 460 comments Hallie wrote: "Akin, I liked the way Caine and Sam teamed up for a short time at the end of Hunger. It showed that they can get pass their feelings for each other to face a problem. And they can work together. Ev..."

I personally think that M.G. was foreshadowing what's going to happen in LIES. As I said before, Caine and Diana do have some good in them, and now we know that Sam and Caine work together in emergency situations AND that Drake is still alive (an emergency situation), I don't have much doubt.

I don't like Drake as a person, but we all have to admit that he's a good character. He scares us, which is the reaction we were supposed to have? And the effect he has on the plot is fabulous. Maybe he wasn't that great in HUNGER, but I have a feeling his the real Drake is going to irrupt on LIES.

message 37: by Sarah W (new)

Sarah W | 3 comments I hope they stay together. It would ruin the whole book if they seperated. I WONDER IF SHE HAS ANY POWERS!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! I bet Astrid does. Hidden in the shadows somewhere...heeh

message 39: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol :)

message 40: by Benadrine (new)

Benadrine | 3 comments I think Astrid would be hot she was real

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, she'd be really pretty.

message 42: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Leiriza=D wrote: "but she looks kinda different on the cover of lies. any of u guys saw da cover?
p.s. sam is soo hot =)"

She sure does...I'm still thinking she looks a bit pregnant, but then again, I'm not sure whether that would fit into the timeline in Lies.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, the chick on Lies looks way different than Gone girl.

Hmm...makes meh think.

message 44: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments pregnant would be interesting...but not in character, lol :P

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I doubt it though, haha. I don't think Astrid, no offense to her AT ALL, but I don't think she would go through with sex anyways to GET pregnant

message 46: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I know it's not like her, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the cover was "She looks pregnant", and I can't get that out of my head. :P

message 47: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Click on "Photos" and then, click "Add more photos" at the top right corner of the page.

message 48: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

No problem. :D

And thanks, I've been meaning to do that for a while. :P

message 49: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Thanks! It looks great! (and Sam is rather attractive ;))

message 50: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

You click on "edit membership", I think, and the page it brings you to gives you the option to leave the group.

Are you leaving us? :'(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lightning Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rick Riordan (other topics)