What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book published in the '90s about a beige butterfly. In the book were told two adventures and in second one there was a big moth

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellix18 (new)

Ellix18 | 22 comments Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a children's book, published in the 90s. The main character is a beige butterfly and two adventures were told in the book. I don't remember the first one very well: I only know that the other butterflies (colored red, blue, green, etc ...) made fun of her strange color. In the second story I remember that there was a very large moth (in the book is described as a black shadow) that kills butterflies. The beige butterfly manages to capture it thanks to a trap. The book is illustrated (I remember the illustration of the captured moth).
I know it is not an exhaustive description, but I read the book when I was very young and I can't remember anything else.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Ellix18, around what year did you read this book? Is this a picture (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, sunny/dark/muted colors/black & white?

Do they remind you of another illustrator or picture book author?

message 3: by Ellix18 (last edited Dec 18, 2018 02:33AM) (new)

Ellix18 | 22 comments Okay ... I read the book not before 1999, that's for sure, but I can't say if it was published before or after this date. Regarding the illustration, I'm sure it was colored. It wasn't about real photos. The butterflies I'm talking about had a human body, with little hands and arms, and a face. The moth instead had no human traits. In my memories it seemed more like a drawing of those where you see the pencil strokes. I found an image of Alice in Wonderland on the Internet to let you know which style I'm referring to.
https://www.google.com/search?q=illus...
The book was very small, so I think it was a picture (max 32 - 40 pages). Most likely there were more illustrations than I have described, but I was too young to remember them. But there were a few sentences per page

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments What country were you in when you read this book? What language?

message 5: by Ellix18 (new)

Ellix18 | 22 comments Sorry, you are right. I'm Italian and the language was Italian too

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Maybe something by Stephen Cosgrove?

message 7: by Ellix18 (new)

Ellix18 | 22 comments Maybe yes, but I'm not sure. In 1999 I was 6 years old, so I have no idea who the author was. I'm looking for the author on the internet and the style of the drawings of the books seems to be very similar to what I remember. But, I repeat, I'm not sure. In any case, thank you for the help you are giving me

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Ellix18 ~~
You can bump your thread every month or so. This keeps it closer to the head of the Unsolved folder where people are more likely to see it rather than languishing on page 79. More people = more chance for a solution!