Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast
This topic is about Beauty
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast [Mar 8, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast - Robin McKinley
March 8th.

message 2: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1612 comments Spot!

Shaitarn | 1865 comments Do you mind if I join? I love this book!

message 4: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1612 comments Shaitarn wrote: "Do you mind if I join? I love this book!"

Would love for you to join!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments In. I love fairy tale retellings.

Melissa | 1256 comments I love this book, and it's short enough that I think I can indulge in a reread.

Shaitarn | 1865 comments Just making sure I remember this one.

Bill | 2130 comments This is great. I just took it out from the library yesterday.

Sara J. (kefuwa) (kefuwa) | 137 comments Tempted to tick this off my TBR... haha... I have only read McKinley's Sunshine (yeaaaaaaarrrrsss ago) and have been wanting to get to more of her stuff since then...

message 10: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2130 comments I finished already. It was really good.

Shaitarn | 1865 comments Starting late, but I am starting!

Shaitarn | 1865 comments Just started part 3. I love how McKinley fleshed out the backstory of the family. Looking forward to Beauty's meeting with the Beast!

message 13: by carol. (new) - added it

carol. | 4 comments Looooved this story as a teen/ya. Must have read it five or six times. At least.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I need something light. Starting this today.

Shaitarn | 1865 comments Just finished. 3 and a bit stars rounded up.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments This was just what I needed. I wish that (view spoiler) Overall 3.5 stars but I rounded up cuz I just needed something light and happy.

message 17: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2130 comments I think I rated this higher also because I needed something light and happy. (view spoiler)

Shaitarn | 1865 comments That's a good point, Bill. (view spoiler)

I'd be interested in seeing another more modern retelling (modern as in attitude, not setting).