Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - The Procrastinators (15)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 698 (698 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 14, 2018 10:36PM) (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 15 Members:

✓ Captain - Emily

Krissy
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
Pam
Raine
Susan A

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 12, 2018 09:02PM) (new)

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task is to decide who is going to be captain!! Then the captain should reserve some tracking posts.

Your second task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments Hello everyone

message 7: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Not gonna lie, I was hoping we'd just be added to a team that already had a captain and team name picked out! Makes things so mich easier 🤣

Hey, team! I recognize some names. I definitely don't want to be captain so I hope one of you will want to take that position.

I suck at names so I'm about useless until reading time begins. Lol. I hope everybody else has some ideas!

message 8: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Good morning. On my phone so I will check in later when I get on my work computer. I am not usually a good one for names but I will try.

Not crazy about being captain but I will if needed. I won’t be on much tomorrow and Saturday due to a work trip.

message 9: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments Krissy wrote: "Not gonna lie, I was hoping we'd just be added to a team that already had a captain and team name picked out! Makes things so much easier ..."

Yes me too!

I have never watched the bachelor and fifteen is tricky to work with.

How about

New Kids on the Block

I don't particularly want to captain, but I'd do it if we're stuck

message 10: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Or the Procrastinators since we all tried to join after sign ups were over 🤣

message 11: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments Better Late than Never

message 12: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments I like that one! Lol

message 13: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments I just noticed this:

Your second task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that...so I guess these ideas don't really work.

message 14: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Aww... :(

message 15: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Some of the other names are The Bachelor themed but not book boyfriend themed. Maybe we can go that route too

message 16: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments Well...I'm lost on both those themes. I've never watched the show...i think it's gross and ridiculous actually, and I'm not sure I know what book boyfriend is referring to.

message 17: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments I've never watched the show either. I'm just a romance reader and team challenge addict. I do know what a book boyfriend is. It's just a term for the type or hero you really like. Like my book boyfriends would be detectives, shape shifters and veterinarians. Because I like those heroes.

I noticed a lot of teams were going for a rose in the title. I know enough about the Bachelor that they give out a rose on the show.

message 18: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Wine Before Roses?
Whine Before Roses?
Wine/Whine and Roses?

The Briar Roses?

Not that I think we need Rose in the name, those are just names that popped into my head.

The Batchelorettes?
Always Bridesmaids?

message 19: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments I've never watched the show either :/ It doesn't interest me in the least

message 20: by Mary C (last edited Dec 13, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments The Procrastinators is good.

The Lazy Susan's?

message 21: by Mary C (last edited Dec 13, 2018 06:32AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Anyone worried about any potential categories? You might only get one book out of me on the school/teacher/student one if it's called. I don't really care for YA or New Adult and I don't read m/m and just meh on straight out erotica. In looking at the "teacher" shelf: that's what most of the books are. If they allow the "sexy teacher" listopia list: I saw a lot more options for me on that one. Hoping that one won't get picked.

There's a couple of others that concern me too but not too much: mostly because I am cheap and mostly only read library books.

I thought we could get more roses for reading more books. But that appears to only work for an extra rose or two. It also appears that we can help each other out with some tasks up to a point. So less worried about some of the categories now that I know I won't feel like I have to read as many as I can each week.

message 22: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave wrote: "Anyone worried about any potential categories?...

I thought we could get more roses for reading more books. But that appears to only work for an extra rose or two. It also appears that we can help each other out with some tasks up to a point. So less worried about some of the categories now that I know I won't feel like I have to read as many as I can each week. ..."

I kind of thought that too. Since any category I'm not thrilled about is only 1 book, then I'm not really concerned with any category except for 50% red. Another challenge I do requires the use of tineye to determine percentages and I've come to realize that 50% of any color is a lot and I just don't read books with colorful colors apparently. I think I'm going to go look for this one. I'm sure I have something for everything else. Only 90 pages helps as well.

message 23: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Yeah I noticed that about Tineye. A cover will just obviously be one thing by looking at it but you run it through Tineye and that color doesn't even come up. But you look at it go but this cover is so obviously X color which isn't even on the Tineye list.

I was going to look for books but since only one option will be picked each week, I'm not going to bother.

message 24: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments So I'm trying to understand. One topic is picked each week. Then each team member needs to read at least one book. BUT we can read as many books as we want to keep getting a rose right? As long as all the books fit the topic?

message 25: by Edinburgh Pam (new)

Edinburgh Pam | 179 comments Hi. First time doing a challenge so may be asking lots of questions. I didn't watch the batchelor so not got any ideas on team names.

message 26: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments I initially thought there was a benefit to reading as many books as you can for the weekly task. But then I read it again:

There's 6 of us on the team: We can earn a rose as soon as 4 books for the task are read. But it doesn't say by 4 different people. We get another rose if all 6 of us read at least 1 book. Then we can earn an additional rose if we finish 8 books. So there's really no benefit for reading more than 8 books together as a team. But there is a benefit for us all reading at least 1 each week.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

message 27: by Raine (last edited Dec 13, 2018 12:14PM) (new)

Raine (raine_renner) | 307 comments I just wanted to say hello! I'm terrible at names for groups, but I will throw out a few. Unfortunately, I've never watched The Bachelor or The Bachelorette so I'm not familiar with any titles for those, but it looks like roses are involved. LOL!

Wine and Dine Me
For The Roses (a Julie Garwood title)
Love N Roses (instead of Guns N Roses)
Beauties & The Boyfriend (Beauty & The Beast)
15 Ways to Love Your Boyfriend (50 Ways to Leave Your Lover) since we're #15th team created

Sorry, I've also been adding oldie songs to my Apple Music playlists.

message 28: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Who wants to be captain?

message 29: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments That's a lot of good ideas Raine.

I like 15 ways to love your boyfriend

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments I can do captain if no one else wants.

like 15...

message 31: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments I also vote 15 ways...

message 32: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments Emily wrote: "I can do captain if no one else wants.

like 15..."

I think the job is yours! No one else unconditionally volunteered. Thank you!!!

message 33: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 13, 2018 06:19PM) (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments Emily wrote: "I can do captain if no one else wants.

like 15..."

Thank you Emily! 😊

I edited the first post to show this, but if I jumped the gun let me know.

message 34: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments Krissy wrote: "Or the Procrastinators since we all tried to join after sign ups were over 🤣"

This cracked me up! I love it!

message 35: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments I am great with Emily as captain.

message 36: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments Johnny Come Lately’s?

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments Procrastinators is funny

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments Ok team..
what name?

message 39: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments My favorite is Procrastinators. If we have to go with the boyfriend theme, then it's the 15 ways...

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments It sounds like the rule is boyfriend theme.

Is everyone ok with 15 ways

message 41: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19605 comments It's not a hard and fast rule - just a suggested theme. I will accept whatever name is decided by the group.

As long as it is suitable for an open group that is. 😉

message 42: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments I'm good with 15 Ways to Love your Boyfriend.

message 43: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments MountainKat wrote: "Krissy wrote: "Or the Procrastinators since we all tried to join after sign ups were over 🤣"

This cracked me up! I love it!"

Just keeping it real :)

message 44: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments I'm good with 15

message 45: by Mary C (last edited Dec 14, 2018 05:58AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1099 comments BTW. I'm in Massachusetts and on EST. About noon today I am heading to Boston where we are spending the night and going to a business holiday party on a Boston Harbor Cruise. I probably won't be able to look for a book for the first task until tomorrow afternoon.

message 46: by Raine (new)

Raine (raine_renner) | 307 comments I too like The Procrastinators, but if we have to have a boyfriend theme then I could go with 15 Ways

message 47: by Emily (new)

Emily | 693 comments Ok it sounds like it is between The Procrastinators or 15 ways, lets vote and whatever is higher gets it.

Where is everyone from? I am in Portland, OR so west coast. so more than likely will be mid morning for some of you when I post.

message 48: by Edinburgh Pam (new)

Edinburgh Pam | 179 comments Procrastinators for me too. I'm in Scotland.

message 49: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Between the 2 my choice is Procrastinators

message 50: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1460 comments I'll say Procrastinators, which makes 4 votes and we have a winner

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14