Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

The Dark Artifices > Queen of air and darkness discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments This book and Julian blackthorn are driving me crazy

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylaa_renee) | 6 comments I just got home from a Cassie Clare q&a and I’m still freaking out:)

message 3: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Oh my god your so lucky. I just got a signed copy of queen of air and darkness and bought an easel to display it

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylaa_renee) | 6 comments She was so nice and took time to answer people’s questions. We got all these pins and sneak peek of her magic scrolls book too osnsvsjsobx

message 5: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I HATE ZARA

message 6: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I once Cassandra Clare at bookcon this year and it was one of the most amazing experiences of ny life

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam | 35 comments Mariana wrote: "I HATE ZARA"

Who doesn’t? She’s awful!!

message 8: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I also hate that she took Emma's sword

message 9: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Ok so I just finished queen of air and darkness and I was crying so much during this book and if there isn't another book or series to explore that ending I'm gonna lose it

message 10: by Allie (new)

Allie Grace (bookishunicorn95) | 2 comments Such an amazing book! I need the next. who else has finished?

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments On a totally unrelated note, there are a lot of Zara and Alec jokes. Who has seen them they are hilarious.
Again totally random question

message 12: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I finished and I stared at the wall for an hour. That is not an exaggeration😂

message 13: by Birjis (new)

Birjis Afroz  | 8 comments Why is no one talking about Ash?

Alexia | Right Writing Words  (doodlepoodle0210) | 9 comments Why do I have a feeling that something is going to happen with Ash and Dru...?

Alexia | Right Writing Words  (doodlepoodle0210) | 9 comments And I can't help feeling that Cassie Clare is planting little clues along the way for a next book series.

SPOILERS:

Kit being the son of the first heir? Zara and her cronies locked away in Idris with Alec as the Inquisitor? Ty maybe having to pay the price for bringing back Livvy's ghost?

message 16: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Cassie definitely set up another series throughout Queen of Air and Darkness. Also I ship Ty and Kit SO MUCH!

message 17: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Ash is too old for dry now.

message 18: by Isla_Herondale (new)

Isla_Herondale | 48 comments havent read it yet but am definitely going to now!

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments I haven't either. Speaking of what is a good website to buy books

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Normally go to a book store but I want to try something different

message 21: by Isla_Herondale (new)

Isla_Herondale | 48 comments i buy some from paper plus, but there isnt much

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Ah. I'll check it out. Thanks

message 23: by Isla_Herondale (new)

Isla_Herondale | 48 comments all goods

message 24: by Kitty (new)

Kitty J | 14 comments Me either. I'm waiting for Colombo International Book-fair where we can buy books for the half of it's price...

message 25: by Isla_Herondale (new)

Isla_Herondale | 48 comments youll be waiting till september

message 27: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments Book: Queen of Air and Darkness
Author: Cassandra Clare
Rating: 3 Out of 5 Stars

Yes, folks, you are looking at that right. I am giving a Cassandra Clare book a three star rating. This was one of my most top books of 2018, but it was a disappointment. I don’t know what’s going on with these new releases, but I have been let down so many times. I don’t know what happened, but I really felt like this one just fell apart.

I have been reading the Shadowhunter books since high school and I have loved all of them. However, this new series has just failed to wow me the way the other books have. I don’t know what it is, but the Dark Artifices have just really been a disappointment. Lord of Shadows left Queen of Air and Darkness with so much to build from and it just didn’t happen. I mean, look at how much of the book was just wasted. I know a lot of people are upset that Kingdom of Ash came out a bit more hyped than this one, but I understand. It’s like Cassie lost her touch here.

I loved how the older characters all made appearances. Alec, Magnus, Tessa, and Jem are my favourites and I love whenever they come back. It is really nice to see what they are doing with their lives and how they are growing. I really do like how they are kind of the core that holds everything together. Clary and Jace are also in the book, but I don’t know. To me, it felt like they haven’t grown up at all, whereas the other older characters have. I think that Cassie needs to take a page out of J.K Rowling’s book and learn how to actually age characters. It still felt like we were getting the teenage versions of Jace and Clary, which is a disappointment. I was really looking forward to seeing how they were going to grow.

The romance between Julian and Emma felt really forced in this one. I know she can write better romances than this. I mean, some of my favourite book couples do come from the Shadowhunter world. Here, it just didn’t mesh well. It was flat, almost like she was actually forcing Julian and Emma to get together. I did like the characters in themselves, but I don’t know, the romance just didn’t feel right in this one.

The ending was good. Cassie can right really good battle scenes, but this one was just lacking that final punch that the other books had. I think if the book had not wasted so much time on things that really didn’t matter and focus on the real issue, then maybe it would have had more of an impact.

So, could this be the Shadowhunter break-up? I really don’t know. I honestly don’t know where I am going to do after this one. Normally, I preorder the year’s books on New Year’s, but I haven’t ordered the next Shadowhunter ones. I really don’t know where we are going to end up.

message 28: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments What’s with all the negativity on a shadowhunting loving thread?☹️

message 29: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Who here is celebrating Jace’s birthday on Friday?

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Alyson Stone
I agree with you hundred percent.
Especially when most of the characters I really liked and appreciated were pushed, no, shoved to the side to make way for this so called big finale.
I really enjoyed the Malec wedding but as usual the time is limited, short (bet she makes over two chapters for Clace's wedding).
She could've left it with a great wedding with almost everyone favourite ship but no she goes of and ends it freaking Clace. Like seriously they had six books to themselves and now they are getting another trilogy????????
And yes my favourite characters were there which made me love it even more.
I hope TWP will provide a better ending.

message 31: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I for one am excited that she set up another series

message 32: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Another three

message 33: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments Marina Lore wrote: "Alyson Stone
I agree with you hundred percent.
Especially when most of the characters I really liked and appreciated were pushed, no, shoved to the side to make way for this so called big finale.
..."

I know! I was super excited to read this one and I really don't know what happened. I love Emma and Julian, but I really have had enough of Clary and Jace in this series. I love them, but it's time to let the other characters shine.

I really don't want to fall out of love with these books, but it just felt like that this one was a little bit of a mess.

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Yep. Clary and Jace have been in every single modern series. And i am sick of it. They haven't changed. Not only does everyone praise them but now everyone looks up to them?? Unbelievable. And then Cassie said that without Clary Thule would begin. Like she disregarded all her characters to raise Clary's pedestal higher. I
They haven't changed. They are more prominent than what second rate characters should be and it is annoying.
Some people dont want them.
If she ends the Magnus and Alec series with Clace im suing.

message 35: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I love Jace and Clary but I have to agree. While I’m very proud for everything the characters did it wasn’t just Jace and Clary. I love when they make little appearances but sometimes they seem to over stay their welcome. But I love Magnus and Alec and wouldn’t mind an entire trilogy about them.

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments To be honest most main romances in her books are supposed to be passionate love but came off as obsessive.
Remeber when Clary stopped functioning because Jace didn't want to talk to her.
And they say she is empowering😑

message 37: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Wait. What do you mean it wasn't just Jace and Clary

message 38: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments I liked their love story but it definitely wasn’t the best out of all the others. Julian and Emma this time were way to obsessive about each other. In this book all I really wanted to see was kit and ty figure out they’re feelings for each other and that beautiful wedding between Magnus and Alec. I also wanted to see more about Diana and her relationship.

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments True. But if i had to choose id still say Clace was more obsessive than Jemma. I'm not really a fan of Jemma but still

message 40: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments What I meant by ‘it wasn’t just Jace and clary’ was that the others that fought in the war don’t get as much attention when they did just as much

message 41: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Herondale | 23 comments Don’t get me wrong though I still love the series. It’s one of my favorites and it’s really hard to choose between other amazing series that have been coming out lately

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments ^^true. Whenever they ate there everyone else seems to "disappear"

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments *are

message 44: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dahlberg (alice65books) | 3 comments If you want more of Magnus and Alec it think the red scrolls of magic is coming out next month

message 45: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Dahlberg (alice65books) | 3 comments I*

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments I know. And im freaking excited for it.

message 47: by Jill (new)

Jill Gibson | 11 comments That would make sense

message 48: by Jill (new)

Jill Gibson | 11 comments Dude

message 49: by Jill (new)

Jill Gibson | 11 comments Oh yeah

message 50: by Kai (new)

Kai Dillman (fire_breathing_fae_queen) | 13 comments So I have a question. Did anyone else start crying when they met up with Livvy the beginning of the time they were there and they talked about there worlds? Just cried in general?

« previous 1