Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Gone Girl
This topic is about Gone Girl
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Gone Girl [Feb 28, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
February 28th.

message 2: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1612 comments Spot!

message 3: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments In

Hacen | 881 comments Maybe

message 5: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Going to start this today.

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments I was planning on joining but my reading is such a mess right now. Will try to squeeze it in sometime this week.

message 7: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments About 70 pages in

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Slytherpuff (new) - added it

Slytherpuff | 328 comments I may be able to join because I just bought the book

Saar The Book owl | 1899 comments This should be a thriller, but for now it reads like chicklit. Not sure on what to think about it. I find (view spoiler)

message 10: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "This should be a thriller, but for now it reads like chicklit. Not sure on what to think about it. I find [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I agree on Nick.

I was actually about to complain that it's all taking way too long but then about halfway through (view spoiler)

The fact that there are no chapter numbers makes it a hit hard to refer to scenes...

Saar The Book owl | 1899 comments I've read your spoiler and you made me curious! Yes, it annoyes me that there are no chapter numbers. I have to look back on dates and things...I can't say right now if I like the book. We'll see.

message 12: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "I've read your spoiler and you made me curious! Yes, it annoyes me that there are no chapter numbers. I have to look back on dates and things...I can't say right now if I like the book. We'll see."

I'm almost done and I'm not really sure what to think of it, either. It will probably be a 2.5-3 star read.
(view spoiler)is creeping me out at the moment...

Saar The Book owl | 1899 comments I'm now at the point were (view spoiler)

message 14: by Bea (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I'm done now. This was a meh book overall.
I wasn't a fan of the ending.

(view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1899 comments Well, that was a weird story. I never saw the movie, though.
At the beginning, it was hard to find some flow in the story, because of the present of Nick and the past of Amy, but once besides that, the pace picked up in a good way.
As reading on you get into this, but later you get in another thing, asking yourself that this can not be? All these twists.
Well, at the end, they both deserve each other.