Aussie Readers discussion

Book Related Banter > A Year Of War & Peace!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 3 comments Hi All!

Just wanted to let you guys know about a project I help run on reddit, called "A Year of War & Peace". Basically there are 365 chapters in War and Peace, so we read a chapter a day, starting from January 1st.

If you're interested in giving it a crack, and conquering War and Peace in 2019, join us at: https://www.reddit.com/r/ayearofwaran...

If you've got any questions, ask away, I'll do my best to answer them!

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (nicehotcupoftea) | 729 comments Thank you! Such a great idea. I had a look and was tempted, but spotted the group for Les Mis, (which I had committed to read in 2019) so I signed up for that :)

message 3: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 331 comments Isaac wrote: "Hi All!

Just wanted to let you guys know about a project I help run on reddit, called "A Year of War & Peace". Basically there are 365 chapters in War and Peace, so we read a chapter a day, starti..."

This is a cool idea! I'm up for it!

message 4: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 331 comments Also, I've never used Reddit - should I sign up somehow?

message 5: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 3 comments Valerie wrote: "Thank you! Such a great idea. I had a look and was tempted, but spotted the group for Les Mis, (which I had committed to read in 2019) so I signed up for that :)"

Great to hear!

message 6: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 3 comments Mell wrote: "Also, I've never used Reddit - should I sign up somehow?"

Yeah, if you go here: https://www.reddit.com/register?dest=...

You can sign up. Then you can "subscribe" to our sub to get updates, and post comments :)

Let me know if you are struggling with anything and I'll help as best I can.

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68786 comments Mod
Welcome to Aussie Readers Isaac :)

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 239 comments Great idea, and I'm sorry I can't sign up to it - gotta keep up with current commitments.

message 9: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 577 comments Ah Les Miserables and War and Peace! My two favourite books. Which translation are you reading?