2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Samantha's Reading Stats

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Dec 12, 2018 02:04PM) (new)

Samantha J | 21 comments Let's Turn Pages Challenge

0/10,000

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha J | 21 comments 2019 TBR Jar

1. The Night Stalkers: Top Secret Missions of the U.S. Army's Special Operations Aviation Regiment by Michael J Durant
2. Looking for Alaska by John Green
3. Gone with The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
4. Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
5. When We Collided by Emery Lord
6. The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith
7. The Wolves at the Door: The True Story of America’s Greatest Female Spy by Judith L. Pearson
8. Lust & Wonder by Augusten Burroughs
9. My Fight/Your Fight by Ronda Rousey
10. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
11. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
12. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan
13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
14. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
15. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
16. Healthy Habits: The Busy Woman’s Guide to Boosting Productivity, Health and Happiness by Kate Toholka
17. Taming the To Do List by Glynnis Whitwer
18. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
19. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
20. Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets by Sudhir Venkatesh

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:30PM) (new)

Samantha J | 21 comments 2019 Color Challenge

I plan on reading all 18

1. (White) Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
2. (Pink) Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
3. (Red) Bloody Crimes: The Chase for Jefferson Davis and the Death Pageant for Lincoln's Corpse by James L Swanson
4. (Orange) Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
5. (Yellow) Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
6. (Green) The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly: A Physician's First Year by Matt McCarthy
7. (Light Blue) If I Stay by Gayle Forman
8. (Dark Blue) The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell
9. (Purple) Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon
10. (Brown) Life & Love: Creating the Dream by Lisa Messenger
11. (Black) The Boundaries of Her Body: A Shocking History of Women's Rights in America by Debran Rowland
12 (Metallic Color) Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell, Patrick Robinson
13. (5 colors on the cover) Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic: Colors by Jonathan Adler
14. (Geometric Pattern) Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces by Maxwell Gillingham-ryan
15. (Ugly Cover) The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste
16. (Two or more color words in the title) Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West & Christopher Hitchens
17. ("Color" in title) The Color Purple by Alice Walker
18. (Describing color in title) The Girl in the Polka Dot Dress by Beryl Bainbridge

message 4: by Samantha (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:56PM) (new)

Samantha J | 21 comments 2019 PopSugar Challenge

I plan on reading 50

1. (A book becoming a movie in 2019) The Rhythm Section by Mark Burnell
2. (A book that makes you nostalgic) Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
3. (A book written by a musician) Hindsight and All the Things I Can't See in Front of Me by Justin Timberlake
4. (A book you think should be turned into a movie) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
5. (A book with at least one million rating on Goodreads) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
6. (A book with a plant in the title or on the cover) The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
7. (A reread of a favorite book) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
8. (A book about a hobby) Organize Now! by Jennifer Ford Berry
9. (A book you meant to read in 2018) Naked Money: What It Is and Why It Matters by Charles Wheelan
10. (A book with POP, SUGAR, or CHALLENGE in the title) Sugar Blues by William Dufty
11. (A book with an item of clothing or accessory on the cover) The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
12. (A book inspired by myth/legend/folklore) The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
13. (A book published posthumously) I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
14. (A book you see someone reading on TV or in a movie) 1984 by George Orwell
15. (A retelling of a classic) Jane by April Lindner
16. (A book with a question in the title) Can you Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope
17. (A book set on college or university campus) Black Chalk by Christopher J Yates
18. (A book about someone with a superpower) A World Without You by Beth Revis
19. (A book told from multiple POVs) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
20. (A book set in space) All Systems Red by Martha Wells
21. (A book with two female authors) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
22. (A book with SALTY, SWEET, BITTER or SPICY in the title) Sweet Bitter by Stephanie Danler
23. (A book set in Scandinavia) The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
24. (A book that takes place in a single day) The Uncertain Hour by Jesse Browner
25. (A debut novel) The Falconer by Dana Czapnik
26. (A book that's published in 2019) Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus
27. (A book featuring an extinct or imaginary creature) The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
28. (A book recommended by a celebrity you admire) The Go-Getter by Peter B. Kyne
29. (A book with LOVE in the title) P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern
30. (A book featuring an amateur detective) Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
31. (A book about a family) Commonwealth by Anne Patchett
32. (A book author from Asia, Africa or South America) Whitefly by Abdelilah Hamdouchi
33. (A book with a zodiac sign or astrology term in the title) The Pisces by Melissa Broder
34. (A book that includes a wedding) Vision in White by Nora Roberts
35. (A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter) Serena by Ron Rash
36. (A ghost story) The Girl in the Locked Room by Mary Downing Hahn
37. (A book with a two word title) Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
38. (A novel based on a true story) See What I Have Done by Sara Schmidt
39. (A book revolving around a puzzle or a game) The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
40. (Your favorite from a past POPSUGAR Reading Challenge) I decided to read a book about mental health which is from the 2018 challenge: Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher
41. (A "cli-fi" book) Clade by James Bradley
42. A "choose-your-own-advanture" book: A Girl Walks Into A Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules" by Helena S. Paige
43. (An "own voices" book) Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
44. (Read a book during the season it is set in) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
45. (A LitRPG book) Dungeon Born by Dakota Krout
46. (A book with no chapters) Abandon by Meg Cabot
47. (Two books that share the same title #1) Life After Life by Jill McCorkle
48. (Two books that share the same title #2) Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
49. (A book that inspired a common phrase or idiom) Paradise Lost by John Milton
50. (A book set in an abbey,cloister, monastery, vicarage or convent) The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha J | 21 comments My Personal Challenge

100 books