Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Spam under book questions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yaaresse (new)

Yaaresse | 90 comments I'm not seeing a section specifically dealing with this problem, so maybe this is the best place for it.
In the Reader Q&A section for this book (In Pieces by Sally Field) there are what appears to be bot-generated spam advertising some weird Dr. Unity thing. If there is a way to flag it as spam on the page, I didn't find it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/396854...

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5094 comments Yaaresse wrote: "I'm not seeing a section specifically dealing with this problem, so maybe this is the best place for it.
In the Reader Q&A section for this book (In Pieces by Sally Field) there are what appears t..."

Ha Yaareese.

The reason you are not seeing a section is because this isn't something that librarians deal with. We are volunteers who do the book cataloging, help with lists & stuff like that.

Your best course of action is to flag any spam. The word flag is probably in that pale grey colour - so not easy to spot. Alternatively you can email support AT goodreads DOT com.

Good luck!

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Not something librarians can do anything about. This should be reported to Support.

The answers, that are spam as well, can be flagged. If you don't see a flag link, you can hover or click to make it show up.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.