Kingdom of Nocturnium discussion

The City > Marketplace

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Xander Mizuki (xandermizuki) | 575 comments Mod
Where most of the surviving merchants/ craftsman now reside selling their wares/services. The city watch frequent here often. Though if you looked in the back alleys, there are tunnel exits that the Dawnguard uses to enter the city/ sell "illegal" goods.

message 2: by Priscilla (last edited Dec 23, 2018 01:50PM) (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments (Anyone may join)

Twen had just made it into town yet no one would be able to realize it.... if they weren't looking closely. She didn't carry much since she was simply dressed in an ice blue linen gown. Her eyes flashed with curiosity from the shadows in which she stood. She gave a sigh. It was the only way she was going to have enough to say anywhere tonight. So she brushed the strands of mahogany hair from her pale face that had escaped the braid she had done just that morning. She checked the hiding spot where she had stashed her few belongings. She took a breath before leaving the shadows. For the moment no one noticed her which gave her time to decide what to do. She saw a few children that looked scared and attached to their mothers along with some that wandered around hopeless. Her decision made she weaved her way to the beginning of the market place before she began. For a moment she observed the activity before she began a soft scale of notes. After two she started to walk lightly noticing that people were turning towards her. Once she was a few feet within the market she began give way to words. "Come Little Children/ I'll Take Thee Away, Into A Land/ Of Enchantment/ Come Little Children/ The Time's Come To Play/ Here In My Garden/ Of Shadows" She moved into another scale before going into the next verse as the children started to turn to her as did the adults.

message 3: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments (Mew?)

message 4: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Lex was walking about the marketplace. He was off duty for the day. He stood with the crowd watching the woman perform.

message 5: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments "Follow Sweet Children/ I'll Show Thee the Way/ Through All The Pain And/The Sorrow" She sang as words to form once more as she continued to walk. "Weep Not Poor Children/ For Life Is This Way/ Murdering Beauty And/Passions" She waved to the children as she did a small scale before she came to the next verse. "Hush Now Dear Children/ It Must Be This Way/ Too Weary Of Life And/ Deceptions" She sang as the children one by one began to gather to her. "Rest Now My Children/ For Soon We'll Away/Into The Calm And/ The Quiet" She waved her hands to calm the children's fear as she began to a soothing set of scales. She was so focus on the children that she didn't hear the whispers of the others around her. She smiled as the children's faces brighten as she continued.

message 6: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Lex watched in awe. He smiled at the woman singing. He sat down on a bench and swayed to the music.

message 7: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments Soon, her scales became words once more. "Come Little Children/I'll Take Thee Away, Into A Land/ Of Enchantment" She sang the words slowly as she moved among them. "Come Little Children/ The Time's Come To Play /Here In My Garden/ Of Shadows" She held the last words going into a scale before she ended the song. The children gave a cheer after a moment. They even asked if she had a garden in which she replied. "When the time comes I will invite you all there." She said with a smile answering a few more questions as the adults looked on unsure about approaching her. Nothing mattered more to her than the smiles of the children.

message 8: by Xander, Overlord (new)

Lex approached the woman. "Your singing is truly wonderful." He said politely. "It's been awhile since I've heard such a beautiful voice." He gave her a rose. "For you, as thanks for a beautiful melody."

message 9: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments She took the rose almost speechless. "It was an honor and thank you." A light blush colored her cheeks. "I love to see people smile..... But I'm not always received in the best way..." She sighed gently.

message 10: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Most folks are closed minded from fear. Though I can't blame them." He rested his hand on his sword hilt. It was bandaged up. "I'd love it if we could sit down for dinner sometime."

message 11: by Priscilla (last edited Dec 24, 2018 01:54PM) (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments "That is true and I would love to." She said touch his bandaged hand gently. "You're kindness means a lot.." Her eyes clouded a moment causing her to pull her hand away. She felt somewhat dizzy. "I..." She began to say as she tried to focus. She suddenly hoped that he wouldn't notice how thin she'd become and just how worn her dress was, not that any of her others were any better.

message 12: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"Easy there." He caught her. "Let's go get you something to eat." He said concerned.

message 13: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments She blushed looking into his eyes. "Thank you..." She gave a sigh. "It must be from all the traveling..." She said to him. "I didn't realize I was...." Which wasn't completely true but her own fear kept her from saying what she wanted to. She blushed even more. "You don't even know my name..."

message 14: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"I'm Alexander, but you can call me Lex." He said while helping her up. "Let's get you some decent food and I'll let you stay at my place, there I can mend your dress as well."

message 15: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments "You are very kind..." She blushed even more as he helped her. "I'm Twen..." She said softly hating that she couldn't give him her full name. "I...." She didn't really know what else to say but she felt safe with him. "How could I ever repay you?"

message 16: by Xander, Overlord (new)

"You could sing me your favorite melody for me when we get to my home. That is thanks enough for me." He helped her along the streets till they reached his home. "Right through here." He held open the door."

message 17: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments "I would be honored." She replied as he helped her down the streets and through his door. As they entered she was greeted with warmth. She found it to be wonderful. "It's lovely....." She said softly.

message 18: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 109 comments (I'll repost at Lex's home)

message 19: by Xander, Overlord (new)

(I made a chatroom for his place.)

message 20: by Asia/Merci (new)

Asia/Merci | 224 comments Zora’s feathers slightly drag across the ground as she patrolled the marketplace, occasionally stopping to look at a few necklaces..

She couldn’t help but look at the obvious Dawnguard jewelry. She always found the gold beautiful and elegant.

Slowly, she picked one up out, inspecting the small engraving.

message 21: by Pancake (last edited Jan 15, 2019 03:23AM) (new)

Pancake Butterball (upsetbean) | 31 comments Sai reappeared on a roof, in a puff of shadowy smoke, she jumped down, she walked down the stalls, her clock trailing the floor as she walked

message 22: by Asia/Merci (new)

Asia/Merci | 224 comments Zora moved to the long road that leads out of the city to the forest.))

message 23: by Pancake (new)

Pancake Butterball (upsetbean) | 31 comments Sai sighed and used her shadow smoke to teleport her away

message 24: by Asia/Merci (new)

Asia/Merci | 224 comments Sorry.))

message 25: by Pancake (new)

Pancake Butterball (upsetbean) | 31 comments ( It's cool)

message 26: by Asia/Merci (new)

Asia/Merci | 224 comments But she moved befoee you even arrived, sorry.))

message 27: by Pancake (new)

Pancake Butterball (upsetbean) | 31 comments ( Like i said it's cool,😄