What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s Picture Book - Misleading Shadows

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica | 4 comments This children’s book was probably from the late 70’s – mid 80’s. I believe the concept was that the kid is walking through the city and sees all of these shadows that look like things that end up not being what is actually casting them. The only page I can really remember is that he sees these shadows that look like animals (llamas or giraffes maybe??) but when they turn the corner he sees the shadow was actually cast by two older women carrying overfilled shopping bags and wearing eccentric hats). I know it’s not a lot to go on but I’m hoping that someone remembers it!

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments Was there text or was it wordless? It sounds like the sort of thing Chris Van Allsburg might create.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 4 comments Hi - there were words. No, not Chris Van Allsburg. The style was much simpler/less detailed than Chris Van Allsburg. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34407 comments Mod
Erica, can we eliminate Moonshadow by Justin Todd?

Definitely a kid/boy, or possibly an animal?

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica | 4 comments Not Moonshadow for sure. And it’s definitely a little boy walking through his town. It’s driving me nuts!

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica | 4 comments No, that’s not it. Thanks though!