What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > MIddle school fiction

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 1 comments Middle school fiction about a girl who moves to a new house and explores this secret pathway/trail behind it (SPOILERS AHEAD)

The main character has an older sister (maybe named May?) whom she is jealous of because she gets all the attention from boys. But the MC gets a love interest who is a kleptomaniac and who she doesn’t like at first I’m pretty sure. Eventually he gets into trouble for stealing a red truck and is sentenced to community service hours or something.

MC loves horses and has always wanted one. On the pathway she discovers a horse in a paddock and I think near the end she and the loves interest ride horses down the path together.

I’m very sure the book was written by a woman and might have been a medal/award winner.

I read the book in 2014 or maybe even 2013. I told my mom I hated it but I actually secretly liked it. I have two little sisters now who I know would love it and I have been trying to find this book for over 2 years so any help AT ALL is seriously appreciated!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5052 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

Also, you may want to add more info in your title. Something like additional like: "finds pathway behind new house."

You'll catch more eyes.