Fantasy and Manga Lovers Unite discussion

Lady of the Lake (The Witcher, #5)
This topic is about Lady of the Lake
Series Read 2018 > The Lady of the Lake Discussion - NO Spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeana Budnick | 328 comments Mod
Discuss first impressions here. NO spoilers please.

Anyone else find that for a series called The Witcher Saga, there really isn't very much of the Witcher?

Do you find it weird that the author brought Ciri into the real world. Into the legendary time of Camelot, but still into the real world.

Dakota Kemp | 33 comments First off, sorry that I've been gone so long. So busy lately.

But yes, I do find it ironic that the further you progress through the series, the less you actually see of Geralt.

I don't know, I felt like Ciri's cameo in Camelot felt fairly natural, if for no other reason than because it's a mythical part of our world rather than established history. Plus, references can be seen throughout The Witcher Saga that hint at Arthurian existence and link it to King Arthur's Britain. The most obvious example, of course, can be found on the cover of this book!

Hmm, yes that is true. i suppose in this case, it's not so weird. I've just always thought it odd when authors try to link their fantasy world to the real world. i feel like it takes away from the fantasy.