OSIA Book Club discussion

Elena Ferrante
This topic is about Elena Ferrante
HBO's My Brilliant Friend

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America (osia) | 3 comments Mod
Has anyone watched HBO's My Brilliant Friend? What were your thoughts on the adaptation? It looks like we'll be getting the second season sometime late next year.

message 2: by Joni (last edited Dec 12, 2018 06:52PM) (new)

Joni (jerseygirlinexile) | 2 comments I read all four books of Ferrante's Neapolitan Novels. I love those books, reading them consumed me! Last night I finished watching the last episode on HBO, the series is extremely well done and true to the first book "My Brilliant Friend". The casting was simply masterful, the characters appear exactly as portrayed in the book. The set design and wardrobe were expertly done. To portray this beloved series was a dangerous undertaking but clearly the director Saverio Costanzo had a vision and his execution was brilliant. Watching I was over the top pleased, thrilled and satisfied. I convinced my husband to watch despite the fact that he did not read the books but he had heard me "go on and on" about them (mostly it was hate filled diatribes about Donato and Nino Serratore) and he loved the series also. I simply cannot wait for Season 2 and wonder how they will age the cast as HBO moves into Book 3 and 4. Seriously one of the BEST TV shows I have seen in many, many years.