Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 books) > Victoria’s Tackling the First Peak

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (last edited Mar 22, 2019 10:11AM) (new)

Victoria (crushedbymytbr) Starting small, but I need to read my own damn books, hopefully faster than I accumulate them (unlikely).

I have plenty of choice, last count was 207 unread books on my shelves, more than 60 audio books and an uncountable number on my kindle.

1. Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire (last one onto my TBR, first one off)
2. All These Worlds by Deniss E Taylor (had to relisten to the first 2 books before I got to this one)
3. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (picked up in a charity shop 2 years ago, recently replaced by the box set, finally read, will I get to the other 2 before the movie?)
4. Spell or High Water by Scott Meyer (I apparently own ALL the audio and kindle books, but have only ever read the first book)
5. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (Bought exactly 1 year ago, but then ignored because romance is not my genre)
6. An Unwelcome Quest by Scott Meyer (continuing the series, but I need a break now)
7. Skitter by Ezekiel Boone (again, own the series, only read the first. Invasion of man-eating spiders not the greatest for bedtime reading)
8. Zero Day by Ezekiel Boone (glad that’s over. Good book but terrifying)
9. The Suicide Shop by Jean Teulé (found in the depths of my kindle. Strong start, weak ending)
10. Gemina by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (bought each when they came out, and audio when they were on sale, about damn time I read them)
11. Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (murderous mermaids, what more could you want)
12. Fight and Flight by Scott Meyer (dragons make a book better, and characters lives worse)

OMG! I did it!

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Welcome to the climbing crew, Victoria!

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Here's hoping you make a dent!

message 4: by E (new)

E (ewillse) | 26 comments Wow, that is a lot of books to choose from! What are you starting with?

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (crushedbymytbr) E wrote: "Wow, that is a lot of books to choose from! What are you starting with?"

I went with Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire. Last purchase of 2018, first read of 2019. It was on my ‘to buy’ list for ages, so I used my Christmas money to treat myself. Really want the sequel now...

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (crushedbymytbr) Final count : 61 (out of 130 total)

Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire All These Worlds (Bobiverse, #3) by Dennis E. Taylor The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2) by Scott Meyer The Hating Game by Sally Thorne An Unwelcome Quest (Magic 2.0, #3) by Scott Meyer
Skitter (The Hatching #2) by Ezekiel Boone Zero Day (Hatching 3) by Ezekiel Boone The Suicide Shop by Jean Teulé Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1) by Mira Grant Fight and Flight (Magic 2.0, #4) by Scott Meyer
Out of Spite, Out of Mind (Magic 2.0 Book 5) by Scott Meyer Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine The Dispatcher by John Scalzi Want To Play? (Monkeewrench #1) by P.J. Tracy The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
When Dimple Met Rishi (Dimple and Rishi, #1) by Sandhya Menon Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Royals (Royals, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Good Omens by Terry Pratchett Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Maus I A Survivor's Tale My Father Bleeds History (Maus, #1) by Art Spiegelman
Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1) by Malka Ann Older Senlin Ascends (The Books of Babel, #1) by Josiah Bancroft
The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Temeraire (Temeraire #1) by Naomi Novik Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1) by Rachel Caine Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole
The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Mort (Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
Prisoners of Geography Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need to Know About Global Politics by Tim Marshall The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1) by R.F. Kuang Ash and Quill (The Great Library #3) by Rachel Caine The Ghost Brigades (Old Man's War, #2) by John Scalzi Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
The Radleys by Matt Haig The End of the World Running Club by Adrian J. Walker Noumenon by Marina J. Lostetter Seveneves by Neal Stephenson The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman
Dear Ijeawele A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Tin by Pádraig Kenny The Trouble with Perfect (Perfect, #2) by Helena Duggan Vicious (Villians #1) by V.E. Schwab Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1) by Jodi Taylor Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire
Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1) by Jeff VanderMeer

Next year the focus will be on continuing series - although I have got better at not buying multiple books before I’ve even started the first book, so I don’t know if that will get me up to 60.

Also - I bought away more than 60 books, damn you daily deals *shakes fist at the sky*