Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
This topic is about Kingdom of Ash
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Kingdom of Ash [Oct 15, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
October 15th.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Since we never got to this one since ToD caused a stall, how about we start on Jan 10th?

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments That's fine for me.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments My book arrived today, so excited to start it. So far all my BRs this year are with you Saar, I'm stalking you! 😂

message 5: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jan 10, 2020 12:01PM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Haha, I didn't noticed, but you can stalk me :D I'm looking forward to all our BR's. I'll have my copy Tuesday. It wasn't available in the main library and tomorrow it's a really busy day to go to the local library. Did you start already?

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments I've only read the first three chapters so not very far at all. I'm gonna read it slowly and savour it since it's the final book so no rush.

Chapters 1-3 (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments I've got my copy since yesterday! I'm planning on reading not more than 3 chapters a day for the same reason as you give, Charlie.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Happy reading Saar!
Up to chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Should we ask the mods to change the date, so that it can count for our competition?

message 10: by Charlie (last edited Jan 16, 2020 07:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments It will usually still count since we're buddy reading it, regardless of the thread we're using but we can ask for a change if you want :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Chapter 12 complete (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Up to chapter 29 (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments It's the same for me :)

I'm still at chapter 1 (sorry, I'm a bit slower):
(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "It's the same for me :)

I'm still at chapter 1 (sorry, I'm a bit slower):
[spoilers removed]"

I don't think (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Re - picking this one up this weekend. How is it so far going?

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar it's amazing! I've hit the 400 page mark and I've had to put it down, I'm too scared to continue! I can't take another 600 pages of this tension!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments 474/ middle of chapter 56 (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar you read any more?

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Yes, but I've been so busy that I couldn't update. I'm reading this evening and will update tomorrow evening. Sorry for the silence :(

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments No worries! Hope you're enjoying it.

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments I'm at chapter 12 now, the Dutch translation. I was able to make a bit of progress today. Husband and son got the flue, so it was very quiet at home. Thoughts so far :(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar I hope your husband and son feel better soon!

Re Dorian (view spoiler)

message 23: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Feb 07, 2020 11:42AM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Thanks, Charlie. They're well now, but now I'm under the weather...

I'm up to chapter 21. Posting a quick update and then continue.
About Dorian: (view spoiler)
About Manon: (view spoiler)

About Lysandra and the rest of the party: (view spoiler)

About Aelin: (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments I agree that Dorian (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments KOA is on hold for now! Saar and I are resuming later in the year if anyone wants to join us in a while.

Katie K | 2154 comments Charlie wrote: "KOA is on hold for now! Saar and I are resuming later in the year if anyone wants to join us in a while."

Maybe if I catch up with the others I'll join you all for KOA ^^; Did you guys have a rough time of year in mind?

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Katie we're not sure, just maybe in a month or two, just when we're both feeling it I think, so no rush :).

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments No rush, Katie. Like Charlie said, a month or 2. I got caught up in other readings and I want to give this one my whole attention.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "No rush, Katie. Like Charlie said, a month or 2. I got caught up in other readings and I want to give this one my whole attention."

I'm the same, I'd rather read it when i have time to dedicate to just this book and I'm not reading other things.

Katie K | 2154 comments Thanks Charlie and Saar!! I know what you guys mean about playing catchup with books. I keep planning way too much ^^;

Hopefully we can find a nice slow month to read the last one :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Katie exactly, I want to be able to focus on it and just enjoy it.

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments @Katie: exactly my point :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments So we're starting this one again soon!

Katie K | 2154 comments Oh snap! When are you starting? I still need to read Tower of Dawn ^^;

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments This week but I'm reading 5 other books at the same time so I'll be here a while :)

Katie K | 2154 comments Okay! :D

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Take your time, Katie, just like Charlie I'm still reading other books. I've checked and I'm stranded on chapter 21. So, I'll continue this evening or tomorrow.

message 38: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I really want to read this with you guys it was great reading books 4 and 5 with you ! But I need to read Tower of Dawn first.

Katie K | 2154 comments Thanks Saar! I shall I shall! Next time my ebook is in I'll have to reserve it for Tower of Dawn

Elinor, if you want I may be reading Tower of Dawn soon too :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Elinor and Katie feel free to read ToD then come back and read this, we'll be here to chat!

message 41: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jul 17, 2020 04:13AM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Indeed and after that, I'm thinking to reread the series again :)

message 42: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Katie wrote: "Thanks Saar! I shall I shall! Next time my ebook is in I'll have to reserve it for Tower of Dawn

Elinor, if you want I may be reading Tower of Dawn soon too :D"

Ok ! I'm in !

Katie K | 2154 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Katie wrote: "Thanks Saar! I shall I shall! Next time my ebook is in I'll have to reserve it for Tower of Dawn

Elinor, if you want I may be reading Tower of Dawn soon too :D"

Ok !..."

Excellent! I'll keep you posted of when I get a copy :D

message 44: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments Great ! :D

message 45: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jul 20, 2020 12:47AM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments I need to think back on the last book, on what happened there, but is it me or is (view spoiler)

Katie K | 2154 comments Hey Elinor! I’m starting the Tower of Dawn today!! Do you wanna discuss on the old forum of this group for that book? Let me know :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar yes! (view spoiler)

message 48: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jul 22, 2020 02:08AM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments Charlie: absolutely!
But (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Saar where you up to? No rush, Im just waiting until you catch me up before I read more :).

« previous 1 3