Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
This topic is about Tower of Dawn
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Tower of Dawn [Sep 15, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4433 comments Mod
September 15th.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments I'm still reading Empire of Storms so going to be a bit late with this one I think.

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I've started 'Empire of storms' now. Fashionably late, but speeding ahead.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments I'm actually afraid to start this! Considering how EoS ended.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Anyone ready to start? I'm thinking tonight might be the night!

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Normally starting somewhere this week.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Brilliant! I'm really looking forward to it!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments I'm 13 chapters in and really enjoying it so far. I wasn't expecting to. I don't like Chaol, at all. His actions in previous books are pretty inexcusable honestly. So I didn't think I'd like this. However (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I'm still reading the previous one. I've ahd a bad week and not enough time to read, sorry. It seems that Chaol hasn't got improved...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments @Saar No worries, I'm reading other books too so take your time. I really dislike Chaol, if something were to happen to him I wouldn't mind...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments 180 pages in (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments 240 pages in (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments 295 pages in (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I've started and now finished chapter 3:
(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "I've started and now finished chapter 3:
[spoilers removed]"

I agree. I don;t like Chaol so considering this book is about him, so far, it's my least favourite to date. Sarah J Maas did too good a job of making me hate him in the previous two books.

I don't trust (view spoiler)

message 16: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I need to start this one asap !

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Argh, this is going so slow at the moment...A bit frustrated, just a bit...

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Still reading, but being in a reading slump, busy at work and having a massive cold, it goes slow.
But (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "Still reading, but being in a reading slump, busy at work and having a massive cold, it goes slow.
But [spoilers removed]"

I've not been reaching much for this book lately so don't worry about going slow. The (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1874 comments Might try and start this one in December ^^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments We'll likely still be reading it Katie so you're welcome to join us!

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I'm over halfway, but I don't think that (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Charlie wrote: "Saar The Book owl wrote: "I've started and now finished chapter 3:
[spoilers removed]"

I agree. I don;t like Chaol so considering this book is about him, so far, it's my least favourite to date. S..."

I think that they're (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments I haven't read any of this in ages. I do intend to finish it, I just don't have the motivation right now.

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Me too. It just goes slow, especially this one.

Katie K | 1874 comments I still need to pick mine up from the library ^^;

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I'm over page 400 and it's picking up a bit of pace:
(view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments And Falkan is (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I loved the scene where (view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I've finally finished! *Doing a happy dance*

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Well done! I still haven't read any more. This is all Chaol's fault.

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Yes, it is. He doesn't have any backbone :p He's such a softy!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments This is why I hate Chaol and this is why I hate this gods damned book. Be warned, lots of cursing and frustration ahead (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments In finished!! I'm so glad I pushed through it. I nearly gave up so many times thanks to Chaol and his hateful whining but the two big reveals were worth it!!!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Anyone up to reading Kingdom of Ash on the 10th?

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments I'm happy you've finished it, Charlie! It was getting better when Sartaq and Nesryn got to action. I had the feeling that it was all about being a man for Chaol. He couldn't deal with it that normal weapons weren't enough and that Aelin was so powerful. Maybe he didn't got over it that it became nothing between them. I don't know, but I still don't like him. He had so much negativity that he didn't really contribute to the story.

I think I can join for the 10th.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Yeah his negative attitude ruined it fr me but I enjoyed the bits with Nesryn and Sartaq, Yrene was the standout character for me in this book. I really loved everything about her.

Saar The Book owl | 1900 comments Yes, Yrene is a fighter, but she's so composed. That's what I love about her.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments Same! She's got a great spirit and is altogether a good person. Asking the king for his healers was a gutsy move!

message 40: by Katie (last edited Jul 22, 2020 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katie K | 1874 comments I'm just going to use this thread for my late thoughts to the series ^^; Elinor, if you're out there you're welcome to join in ^^

So I'm almost done with Chapter 8 at the moment. And I have to say I'm surprisingly liking this book so far. Yes, Chaol is a butt, however there is something about this installment that I like.

Maybe it's the connection between (view spoiler)

At the same time I kind of wish there were consequences to our heroes? (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1874 comments Unpopular opinion here, I love this book and the character development it brought ^~^ 5 stars for me Chaol and all. While this book didn't further the main plot much we got some much needed character development. That and some lore in the end to lead up to the next book ^^

Ending Thoughts
(view spoiler)

I am truly excited to see where the story will lead next after that rollercoaster of an ending ^^

Katie K | 1874 comments Also, good point Charlie in that Maas likes to (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4438 comments @Katie I'm so glad you loved it! Onward to Kingdom of Ash!