Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
This topic is about Empire of Storms
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Empire of Storms [Aug 15, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 121 (121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4605 comments Mod
August 15th.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 42 pages in, really good start so far. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Charlie (last edited Aug 16, 2019 08:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 65 pages in and I'm absolutely furious. (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments I was so upset with Darrow as well Charlie! (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Katie wrote: "I was so upset with Darrow as well Charlie! People like that are just scum, honestly. Pushing the blame unto others when it is moreso themselves they need to really look at. For Aelin to come back ..."

What a speech! She's the better person, by far.

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "Katie wrote: "I was so upset with Darrow as well Charlie! People like that are just scum, honestly. Pushing the blame unto others when it is moreso themselves they need to really look at. For Aelin..."

100% Charlie, 100%

Elinor | 1548 comments I will be starting tomorrow :)

Katie K | 1974 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "I will be starting tomorrow :)"

yay!!!

Elinor | 1548 comments Started ! I only read the first 2 chapters and we already have (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Started ! I only read the first 2 chapters and we already have a new couple looming on the horizon ! Lorcan and Elide ! I suppose that mean Lysandra is going to end up with Aedion and I don't know ..."

I don't think (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments I just have to say I'm so pleased with how chapter 17 progressed. (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I haven't read any more of this yet so I'm not clicking that spoiler! I'm sure it's good though, I want to click it!

Elinor | 1548 comments Charlie wrote: "42 pages in, really good start so far."
Elide : (view spoiler)

Also I'm still in chapter 3 and waiting waiting (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Charlie wrote: "42 pages in, really good start so far."
Elide : [spoilers removed]

Also I'm still in chapter 3 and waiting waiting [spoilers removed]"

I'm waiting for this too! (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments Chapter 5 : (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments Right? I think an uprising needs to happen with 'em.

Elinor | 1548 comments Chapter 11 : (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments Also I wholeheartedly agree with everything you both said about Darrow (and Aelin's speech ^^)

Katie K | 1974 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Chapter 11 : [spoilers removed]"

:'(

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Chapter 5 : [spoilers removed]"

I'm excited (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Chapter 5 : [spoilers removed]"

I'm excited [spoilers removed]"

In regards to spoilers (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments Katie wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Chapter 5 : [spoilers removed]"

I'm excited [spoilers removed]"

In regards to spoilers [spoilers removed]"

I think I rememeber (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments @Katie (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments Ohhhh, that's right ^^; lol. That reunion is gonna be great XD

Elinor | 1548 comments Katie wrote: "I just have to say I'm so pleased with how chapter 17 progressed. [spoilers removed]"
YES.

Katie K | 1974 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Katie wrote: "I just have to say I'm so pleased with how chapter 17 progressed. [spoilers removed]"
YES."

hehe it was so (view spoiler)

message 27: by Katie (last edited Aug 28, 2019 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie K | 1974 comments Just finished chapter 42 and oh my goodness. So much has happened O.o

(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Okay so I'v barely read anything at all last week, I've not been in the mood really but this week I definitely want to get back to this.

Elinor | 1548 comments I need to get back to it as well, now that I'm done with Sword of Kaigen !

Elinor | 1548 comments Chapter 19 : (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Up to chapter 12! (view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments Charlie wrote: "Up to chapter 12! "

Completly agree !

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I'm so behind! I'm reading 7 books right now so I'm struggling to get the pages in. But I am here and I will read more soon!

Saar The Book owl | 1957 comments I feel your pain. I'm reading around 7 books also, but not always have time to comment properly. But we're all doing our best. What would a world be without books ;)
I went to get my copy yesterday. I have free time tomorrow evening to start a new book, so this one will it, be for sure.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I can't even imagine a world without books! That would be a super miserable place.

Katie K | 1974 comments 7 books! My goodness! I don't know how you guys can do it XD Are you enjoying your reads??

Yeah I might wait for people to start reading Tower of Dawn to join in ^-^ Plus, wisdom teeth are gettin' pulled, so I doubt I will be readin' much when that one starts ^^;

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Katie wrote: "7 books! My goodness! I don't know how you guys can do it XD Are you enjoying your reads??

Yeah I might wait for people to start reading Tower of Dawn to join in ^-^ Plus, wisdom t..."

Ow Katie, that sounds awful, good luck with that! I am enjoying them but just finding it really hard to make any progress with any of them.

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "Ow Katie, that sounds awful, good luck with that! I am enjoying them but just finding it really hard to make any progress with any of them..."

Thanks Charlie! ^~^ I can only imagine the challenge of it all. At least you have plenty to pick from for finding the right book for the mood of the day XD

Elinor | 1548 comments The "Always behind" Sub-group B is back xD (because of course I'm behind...)

That's exactly why I, as well, read a lot of books at the same time, Katie : because I'm very much a mood reader and change reading moods real fast xD

Katie K | 1974 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "The "Always behind" Sub-group B is back xD (because of course I'm behind...)

That's exactly why I, as well, read a lot of books at the same time, Katie : because I'm very much a mood reader and ch..."

love that group name, how can I apply? XD

right though? It's the best way to read. I like to mix lighter novels and comics withs larger novels too to help with reading slump months ^-^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Katie wrote: "Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "The "Always behind" Sub-group B is back xD (because of course I'm behind...)

That's exactly why I, as well, read a lot of books at the same time, Katie : because I'm ..."

Absolutely this! I'm currently reading fantasy, romance, crime and YA, it changes depending on what I fancy.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Katie wrote: "I just have to say I'm so pleased with how chapter 17 progressed. [spoilers removed]"

This was amazing!! I was really rooting for Manon.

I'm 19 chapters in now. Aelin's liberation of the temple was freaking amazing!!

Elinor | 1548 comments Yep on chapter 19 ! I need to pick it back up (I already said that, I know)

Saar The Book owl | 1957 comments Charlie wrote: "I can't even imagine a world without books! That would be a super miserable place."

That's my biggest nightmare!

Saar The Book owl | 1957 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "The "Always behind" Sub-group B is back xD (because of course I'm behind...)

That's exactly why I, as well, read a lot of books at the same time, Katie : because I'm very much a mood reader and ch..."

For some bizarre reason I never can stick with one book at the same time.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments @Saar I can't either. I'm absolutely a mood reader so I tend to flit about and switch between books a lot.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 34 chapters in and by the gods!! I'm scared to read on! (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 38 chapters in. Holy shit!! That was freaking amazing!

(view spoiler)

Elinor | 1548 comments Seeing you that invested and in love with this book is really motivating ^^ I'm done with Cruel Prince (it was SOOO GOOOOOOD you would LOVE IT) so I can focus on this more.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I've read this over the last few days. Had no internet connection since I'm on holiday, but I've wrote my thoughts down!

Page 400, 43 chapters in -

(view spoiler)

478 - 50 chapters in.(view spoiler)

The end!! Fuck me I'm devastated! I don't know how I can go on! I'm scared to continue. (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3