What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Fierce and Subtle Poison
This topic is about A Fierce and Subtle Poison
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Y/A fiction novel in a Spanish-speaking country. Main characters are an American male teenager who is a player and a local girl. They try to solve a mystery about a "haunted house” filled with lush greenery in their town. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly | 2 comments This book has come out quite recently. The cover I read features a lot of greenery that partially covers some words. Y/A fiction novel set in a Spanish speaking country. The main character, a boy whose father owns a fancy hotel chain, is a teenage player that meets a local girl. Together, I believe they try to unsolve this mystery about the haunting - or rather, unnatural occurrences - happening at a supposed "haunted house" in their town. This house is filled with lush greenery and is owned by an elderly lady. I want to say this town is near a sea, but I cannot say this definitively. The boy often rebels against his father, and towards the end begins to realize how his father's hotels are polluting the culture of the town of his new "girlfriend". The boy moved to this town relatively recently, but has been involved with many girls since then.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "A Fierce and Subtle Poison?"
YES! Thank you so much!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16837 comments Great, glad to help out!