SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Series Reads > 2019 Series Read: Victoria Danann's "Knights of Black Swan"

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 11, 2018 05:34PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Victoria Danann's Knights of Black Swan
Voted as our 2019 series read

Members are welcome to read as few or as many books within this series as they'd like. The series read will run from 1 Jan - 31 Dec 2019 ~ 1 book a month. You may list and track your books here, use the group challenge, or both. It's up to you. **For instructions on how to set up a challenge-specific shelf, see Lauren's post. This challenge opens 1/1/2019 and closes 12/31/2019.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the books as you read. I ask that you use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling something for someone who hasn't yet read the book.

Victoria Danann has listed the series reading order on her website.

My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1) by Victoria Danann The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2) by Victoria Danann A Summoner's Tale The Vampire's Confessor (Order of the Black Swan, #3) by Victoria Danann Moonlight The Big Bad Wolf (Knights of Black Swan, #4) by Victoria Danann Gathering Storm (Knights of Black Swan, #5) by Victoria Danann A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Knights of Black Swan, #6) by Victoria Danann Solomon's Sieve (Knights of Black Swan, #7) by Victoria Danann Vampire Hunter (Knights of Black Swan, #8) by Victoria Danann Journey Man (Knights of Black Swan, #9) by Victoria Danann Falcon (KBS Next Generation #1) by Victoria Danann JAX (Knights of Black Swan Next Generation #2) by Victoria Danann The Demon Deliverance (Knights of Black Swan, #12) by Victoria Danann

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments ...

message 3: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Exciting, I haven't read any of these yet, though I do have #1 on my tbr. Yay!!

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments I'm looking forward to it too. I found that, at some point over the years, I've grabbed #1-3 as Amazon freebies. SCORE! :)

message 5: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 940 comments Nice. I had never heard of this series before that's why I love these year reads it makes me read things I hadn't gotten to yet I'm loving Dresden files so I can't wait to try this series out as well

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 11, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Just a reminder: the group challenge option doesn’t open until the first of January. On that day, the challenge will appear on the group homepage for you to join.

message 7: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Steph wrote: "I'm looking forward to it too. I found that, at some point over the years, I've grabbed #1-3 as Amazon freebies. SCORE! :)"

Looks like I've got #1 & #3. LOL.

I'll go see if any more of them are free/cheap now :)

message 8: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments OK, on Amazon at the moment the books range from US$0.71 to US$3.59, so that's not bad for all you US folks :)

And it's not too bad for the rest of us either.

Just adding the new & updated cover editions to the series.

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 1009 comments I’m pretty sure I have these freebies as well!!

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Excellent, Danielle, you now have no excuse not to read them :D

message 11: by Lekeisha (new)

Lekeisha | 348 comments Her books are also a part of the kindle unlimited program

message 12: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1446 comments A new series to read....looking forward to 2019...yay for being kindle unlimited....

message 13: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. LOL

message 15: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I just commented on her post :)

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments 😳 So cool! I didn’t know what to say. LOL! I’m such a dork!

message 17: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments LOL. I was pretty basic :D

message 18: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments At least one of us said something 😝 I froze and hubby laughed at my “adorable nerdiness”.

message 19: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments LOL

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments 🤓

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (ffxprincess) 😂

message 22: by Lis (last edited Dec 14, 2018 05:56AM) (new)

Lis | 3607 comments I'm in. I have a couple I snagged as freebies or bought too. Excited to read a good series new to me.

@Steph. You're on a roll. Sierra Dean and VD! Good marketing strategy reaching out!!

message 23: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments LOL! I wish I could take credit for either.

message 24: by Lekeisha (new)

Lekeisha | 348 comments HAPPY READING all! This is a great series. I cant wait to dive back in.

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Danann (kellydanann) | 1 comments Great Paddy, I am so excited to be going through my Black Swan collection with all of you in 2019! Did any of catch anything new in MFS during this read through? I've reread MFS several times, but am still surprised at the amount of emotion this story evokes. I still tear up through at least four different chapters even though I know the story almost as well as I know my own at this point. It's a good thing Victoria makes me laugh and cry in equal parts.

You can listen to re-read Victoria Danann's the first three books on Audible. I'm usually picky about narrators and have thoroughly enjoyed each installment.

My Familiar Stranger https://adbl.co/2MBVs0y
The Witch's Dream https://adbl.co/2RjGzAL
A Summoner's Tale https://adbl.co/2CN6mMD

"Hab Mych als Ich Bin ~ Take me as I am"
My Familiar Stranger, Victoria Danann

message 26: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Hope everyone who read Knights enjoyed it. Join us for our 2020 series read, Vaughn’s Kitty Norville.