What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl has a dream, lives with grandmother, goes on adventure with brother. Cover: girl on a boat, cartoon-like.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skylar (new)

Skylar | 1 comments I read this book when I was in middle school which wasn’t too long ago considering I’m a senior. I love it and want to read it again, except there’s one problem; I can’t remember the title

Here’s a few things I remember

BOOK COVER
There’s a girl on a boat. The cover isn’t realistic it’s like a cartoon that resembles an anime. It’s not an anime though

PLOT
I really don’t remember much. But I think in the beginning the main character, the girl on the cover of the book, had a dream. Also she lives with her grandma. Her and her brother go on an adventure later on in the book where he ends up getting hurt. I remember at the main end there was a man. I think he might of had some magical powers like a wizard.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:20PM) (new)

Kris | 35180 comments Mod
Skylar, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link after the header - on the full desktop website (not the mobile app).

Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What happens in the dream? Is it scary or happy? (Or does she have an ambition/dream?)

Do the kids travel far to a realistic place on Earth or a fantasy world?

What kind of boat appears on the cover?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39360 comments Mod
Duplicate post deleted - please only post your query once, and bookmark this original thread so you don't lose it.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39360 comments Mod
Skylar is still looking for this and wrote:

When I was in seventh grade hutch was five years ago I read a book which cover is that of a girl on a boat looking in the water- it’s a cartoon looking cover by the way. I can’t really remember much about it. In the end her brother gets hurt or someone casts a spell on him I guess. I’m pretty sure they meet with this warlock or whatever because of the brothers condition. In the beginning when they are on the boat, they arrive on land, and not long after they find this house. I think there was a garden at the house. It was an eerie setting. I know it’s not much of a description but any help will help me.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Skylar ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 173 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!