What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy/Fiction or Fable + a suitor meets a woman married to an old man and ends up having to flee for his life. Spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments Plot (Spoilers) -
A man goes to the house of this young beautiful woman as a possible suitor. He discovers that she is currently with an old man but she is clearly showing interest in him and so he decides to just go along with it. When he goes to sleep with her however he discovers the old man dying in a closet as the woman is actually a succubus stealing the life force from young men in order to stay young and beautiful. As a result the young man flees to the horror and anger of the succubus.

Most likely is a short story or fable more than a full length novel. It's been many years since I read this though I don't remember when specifically. If I had to guess I'd say I read it around 2008-2012?

message 2: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments Please take another look, it has been more than 30 days

message 3: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments Still holding out hope... ;-;

Been 30 days

message 4: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments Let's try again /30days

message 5: by Kris (last edited Mar 16, 2019 06:00PM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Gene, what's the location and time period of the story?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - rich/poor, man's age & job, how did he learn she wants/needs a suitor, why is he interested in being her suitor, etc.?

Female/male author? Genre: horror, mystery, erotic, etc.?

Story story in a collection/anthology with the theme _____ ?

message 6: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments I don't believe a specific location is ever mentioned, other than the story takes place in the home/mansion of the succubus woman.

The man is a young adult without a job, seeking to become the woman's suitor (likely to try and avoid actual work though I don't believe this is stated in the story).

I don't remember the author at all and as for genre I couldn't tell you past thinking it was a fable or myth with some sort of lesson to be learned.

It was likely part of a collection of stories, I can't imagine it having been longer than a few pages, but I don't remember any of the other stories or a theme it was a part of.

Sorry I don't have more info, this is a story I and several of my friends remember enough to agree it exists but none of us can place where it's from or what it's called.

message 7: by Gene (new)

Gene Bennett | 6 comments I know it's been a year now but I still hold out hope someone knows this.