What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Indio
This topic is about Indio
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Historical Realistic Fiction- Native American girl(teen) captured by Conquistadors. She is a healer in her village, where her uncle might be the chief. YA read about 2011-12. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mariah Moore | 2 comments Native American girl, from either american or mexican region, grows up beside her grandmother as a healer. She is between the ages of 14- 16 when a chiefs son from a well-to-do villiage comes to pick his future wife. Her cousin, a older girl who is athletic and better looking, assumes the chiefs son is their for her and is disappointed and angry to be wrong.

I distinctly recal the book being paperback with a blue cover.

I read this book in 2011-2012.

The setting was around 1500s to 1700s. In the desert, maybe New Mexico.

Also remember the book being called INDIGO but every attempt to search that title comes up with nothing. I read this in middle school yet remember obvious implications of rape and other violence occurring within the book.

Also the library in my school was kinda small, with books organized alphabetically top to bottom with bookshelves 8ft tall. In writing that, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer was in the same shelf or the one next to it, alphabetically a letter in or after the C(s), but most definitely before the M(s), regarding authors last name.

I don't remember for certain but it is possible that this story was within a book that had another story, like a double feature.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Maybe Malinche?

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments Or Indio?

Mariah Moore | 2 comments Thank you, Ayshe. It is Indio.