Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > NOS4A2 show

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I saw this in another group today but didn't see anything here when I checked: AMC is developing a 10 episode series based on NOS4A2 and it looks like Zachary Quinto is attached as the villain, and Ashleigh Cummings is playing Vic. Might be worth checking out whenever it's released!

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments This is my least favorite Hill, but still better than many other's best. Quibto will make a great Manx!

message 3: by John (new)

John | 19 comments Weird. I imagined Manx an old man, very different from Zachary Quinto.

message 4: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Quinto is an interesting choice. Excited to see it!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments John wrote: "Weird. I imagined Manx an old man, very different from Zachary Quinto."

So did I! I thought he was described as an old man.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Iuppa | 3992 comments BTW: The audiobook is really great as read by Kate Mulgrew, definate sounds like an old man in her read.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2100 comments I had heard about AMC developing this show, I think it will be interesting to watch. Even more so with Zachary Quinto playing Manx.

message 8: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Nick wrote: "BTW: The audiobook is really great as read by Kate Mulgrew, definate sounds like an old man in her read."

I second this. One of my favorite audiobooks!

message 9: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I know Manx was described as old, but he couldn't always have been old!

message 10: by John (new)

John | 19 comments Sure he was young at one time, but I doubt they’ll explore Manx’s life as a young man. They’re probably changing the character, though I don’t know why they would.

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments John wrote: "Sure he was young at one time, but I doubt they’ll explore Manx’s life as a young man. They’re probably changing the character, though I don’t know why they would."

They always do that. Who knows the reason why.

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I think they decide on a particular actor and then make the part suit that actor. I think Quinto has a really creepy vibe at times, so could get the feel of Manx perfectly. Besides, they can age people really well now, so Quinto could be his age in flashbacks and aged for the present. I think flashbacks would add a lot to the story. I'll want to see why and how Manx is what he is.

message 13: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I'm rereading this right now and the first time Bing and Manx meet Bing wonders why he thinks of Manx as old since he certainly doesn't look it.

message 14: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (kewpie200) | 2 comments This is being filmed in Rhode Island right now, the first film site was Lincoln Woods, 2 minuted from my house!

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2100 comments Suzanne wrote: "This is being filmed in Rhode Island right now, the first film site was Lincoln Woods, 2 minuted from my house!"

That's pretty cool, I didn't know they were filming in the New England area.

message 16: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
I'm super excited for this and glad that AMC is doing it. They did really well with The Walking Dead when it first started.

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Power (nicolepower) | 295 comments This is really interesting, thanks for sharing!’

Are we certain the villain Quinto is playing is not Bing? I’m still reading N0S4A2 and Manx is described as old again and again, like 115 years old. They could have changed it for the show, but seems pointless.

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Nicole wrote: "This is really interesting, thanks for sharing!’

Are we certain the villain Quinto is playing is not Bing? I’m still reading N0S4A2 and Manx is described as old again and again, like 115 years old..."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194792/

IMDb says he plays Manx. Makeup?

message 19: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments Nicole wrote: "This is really interesting, thanks for sharing!’

Are we certain the villain Quinto is playing is not Bing? I’m still reading N0S4A2 and Manx is described as old again and again, like 115 years old..."

Yes, but when he's getting what he wants, he appears young and because it's a show, I imagine there will be a lot of flashbacks, and in those I bet he appears young.

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Here is a picture on AMC’s website with Quinto as Manx:

https://www.amc.com/talk/2018/12/get-...

message 21: by Nick (new)

Nick Iuppa | 3992 comments Nancy wrote: "Here is a picture on AMC’s website with Quinto as Manx:

https://www.amc.com/talk/2018/12/get-..."

YIKES! But it already looks and sounds good. Thanks for the link, Nancy.

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2100 comments Nancy wrote: "Here is a picture on AMC’s website with Quinto as Manx:

https://www.amc.com/talk/2018/12/get-..."

Makeup does wonders, I would have never known that was Quinto.

message 23: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (kewpie200) | 2 comments I'm pretty sure the whole thing is being filmed in RI, but it's hard to find out where and when!

message 24: by Cujo (new)

Cujo (deadtimestories) | 16 comments So whose playing the GasMask? Did they say?

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2100 comments According to IMDb, this is the full cast list:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194792/...