Play Book Tag discussion

December 2018: Geek Reads > Astrophysics for people in a hurry (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2503 comments I mostly followed this. Which surprised me, since information about any kind of physics passes through my brain like a neutrino - virtually undetectable and leaving no trace. I'm fascinated by it all. It just doesn't stick. Maybe someone dropped an apple on my head when I was small.

I saw the Dark Matter exhibition (narrated by the man himself) at the Museum of Natural History in New York in June, which I loved. Just as long as nobody asked me to repeat the details of it more than ten minutes after it finished. In fact that's where I bought the book. So I was particularly happy to find the dark matter essay to remind me of some of it.

One thing, though, Neil deG T - if you're listening - has anyone got any theories about where that first mini-dot came from?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just impressed you read this. Can I just say after reading this second review I still do not want to read this book.:)

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7871 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm just impressed you read this. Can I just say after reading this second review I still do not want to read this book.:)"

yes you may, and i am with you