A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) A Court of Thorns and Roses discussion

Need New Adult Romance (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Paranormal, etc) Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Landon (new)

Landon Aukerman Need a new adult romance series to read. Mind you, when I say adult, I don't really mean erotica, I mean a series that has a great story, but also doesn't sugar coat sex scenes by simply alluding to them or having a sudden fast forward in time. As an example, here are some series that I've either read, or started to read, and have greatly enjoyed. For simplicity sake, I'll just list the first book in each series:
A Court of Thorns and Roses
Halfway to the Grave
Warprize
Radiance
Burn
Afterlife
Burned by Magic
Magic Bites
Dead Until Dark

The gist of it is that I'm after books that have a great romance, either underlying or as the main focus. That have LOYAL main characters, and that don't gloss over the fun steamy stuff, at least not all the time.

I would ask kindly, that there be NO books recommended that:
1.) Have unloyal or wishy washy main character, male or female (i.e, Throne of Glass, Anita Blake, etc)
2.) Aren't a consecutive series with the same characters. (I.e, no series like Imortals After Dark) I want to read and enjoy the SAME characters throughout the series.
3. Don't actually involve real love of any kind, only lust (i.e, Fae Chronicles series and Anita Blake Series)

If you know of a book that you think I'd love, but it isn't quite what I asked for, like for example, it doesn't have actual sex in it, or maybe the romance isn't the MAIN focus of the story, but is still very present, feel free to recommend and I'll check it out.

J.M. Lawler The River and the Ravages (The River and the Ravages, #1) by J.M. Lawler

Absolutely zero sugar coating of sex scenes. Loyalty with a capital L. And characters you won't want to let go of.

Ticks all your boxes. Let me know how you go..

message 3: by Landon (last edited Dec 20, 2018 11:53AM) (new)

Landon Aukerman J.M. wrote: "The River and the Ravages (The River and the Ravages, #1) by J.M. Lawler

Absolutely zero sugar coating of sex scenes. Loyalty with a capital L. And characters you won't want to let go of.

Ticks all your boxes. Let me know..."

I will check that out right away, thanks for the recommendation! Also, being that you're the Author, is their going to be a sequel coming out in the next several months or so? And if so, will it be the same characters or just the same era/universe? No problem if you cannot answer due to publisher restrictions or something.

J.M. Lawler Hi Landon. It’s due to come out in May 2019. It will be the same main characters with some new ones introduced. It’s proving to be a great book to write.

Adrianna J. Tetnowski Hi,

Have you read The Dark Maiden? It's a dark fantasy for young adults, based on four young nobles struggling to decide where their loyalties - and their hearts - lie amidst a family feud between the Redbanes (Rulers of Iradas) and the wretched Valentis.

brittany Griffin Could you elaborate landon on what burn series your talking about it looks like there are a few series with burn as the first book 🤷🏼‍♀️ And your list has been my go to for months we are looking for the same thing im pretty sure. Thank you and I figured id give you the recomendation for the fever series I loved it the closest thing I could get to ACOTAR