Play Book Tag discussion

Nine Coaches Waiting
This topic is about Nine Coaches Waiting
Archive: Other Books > Nine Coaches Waiting - Mary Stewart - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1132 comments Linda Martin is hired by Leon and Heloise de Valmy to governess their nephew, Philippe, heir to the Valmy estate in France. She meets Leon's son, Raoul, and begins to fall for him. Over the course of the next few months she begins to suspect that someone is trying to kill Philippe. Not knowing who to trust she does her best to steer clear of all possible suspects and protect Philippe. This is a classic gothic tale leading to a suspenseful and satisfying conclusion. A great reread.

Theresa | 7807 comments I reread this earlier this year and totally agree! Holds up brilliantly. A classic now, so wonderfully gothic, holding its own with the likes of Rebecca.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2278 comments I loved this when I read it so many years ago. I read so many of Mary Stewart's books after that. I'm so glad to hear that it stands the test of time.

message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2606 comments I went through such a Mary Stewart phase in my teens - loved them. But I don't remember this one at all. It sounds great!

Hayjay315 | 242 comments I've had this one on my TBR for awhile now and will be moving it higher!