Play Book Tag discussion

Delia's Shadow (Delia Martin, #1)
This topic is about Delia's Shadow
Archive: Other Books > Delia's Shadow / Jaime Lee Moyer. 4.25 stars

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8615 comments 4.25 stars

Delia has been in New York for three years, but has returned to San Francisco, along with a ghost (her “shadow” of the title) who prodded her to return. But, Delia can’t figure out what exactly the ghost wants. Delia returns to her best friend, Sophie (who is almost like a sister, as Sophie and her mother took Delia in after her parents died (either in an earthquake or a fire, both are often referred to, but I can’t recall which killed her parents) in the early 20th century).

Sophie is engaged to police officer Jack, who works with Gabe. They are working on a serial killer case that seems to have links to a 30 year old case that Gabe’s father worked on when he was a police officer. Unfortunately, Gabe and Jack get the sense that their loved ones are also in danger…

I really liked this! There was some supernatural (the ghosts), some horror, some mystery, some romance, and all set in 1915, so a historical setting. What’s not to like!? As I was reading, I kept thinking – oh, I hope there a sequel, I’d love to read more about these characters, so I was happy to find out, when I finished, that there are currently two more books in the series.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review! This is an author I have on my radar for next year as I have not yet read her. I just keeping adding authors I have not read and my list continues to grow.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments I agree that this one caught my attention! Sounded great!

message 4: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2501 comments Intriguing. I avoid horror, and am sparing with the supernatural except in a pure fantasy setting, but this looks really good

LibraryCin | 8615 comments KateNZ wrote: "Intriguing. I avoid horror, and am sparing with the supernatural except in a pure fantasy setting, but this looks really good"

The "horror" is pretty much referring to the serial killer and the murders in the book.

LibraryCin | 8615 comments Rachel wrote: "Nice review! This is an author I have on my radar for next year as I have not yet read her. I just keeping adding authors I have not read and my list continues to grow."

LOL! Unfortunately (as you know by now!) that tends to happen around here! There are times where I tell myself, no more books added to the tbr and I do stick to that for a while. :-) But, it never lasts. That is, I will add additional books in a series (I only ever add one at a time), but not something completely new (at least while it lasts!)

message 7: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6181 comments This sounds really good.

LibraryCin | 8615 comments Thanks! I was actually second-guessing my summary! That is, I was thinking I didn't go a good job of summarizing, but maybe it's ok.

message 9: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa | 7395 comments This sounds really good and would fit Pop Sugar ghost story prompt in 2019. Thanks for such a great review!

message 10: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2501 comments So it would, Theresa. Adjusting shelving accordingly ...